1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking For Advice On My Website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by alejojr5th, Feb 12, 2013.

I'm starting to wonder if its better not to have a website because i get all kinds of views on my website but no calls. One time my website was down and then i got all these calls it was soo weird..... Here is my site to see, maybe it sucks maybe it needs more work, or a new name. It's very discouraging with all my hard work and money invested into adverting too.

http://www.modernpcrepair.com

alejojr5th, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A website is like any other form of advertising - you need to know what you are trying to achieve, who your target market is and how it will be "placed".

You claim "We Do Things The Modern Way!" yet your website is so 1999 it's not funny. OK, you have a slider but everything else is really old fashioned.

Try looking at your site from your client's point of view.
    * their computer is playing up
    * they've asked the neighbour's nerdy kid to take a look but he can't fix it
    * they now need to find someone so they look online
    * they find your site which looks like it was built by the neighbour's nerdy kid and they know he couldn't do anything
    * they search again until they find a site that looks like it represents a business that stays up to date with technology but isn't so flash that they'll charge lots.

sarahk, Feb 12, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. alejojr5th

alejojr5th Member

Best Answers:
    I knew it was a problem with my website, thanks for the advice. What should i take out to make it less flashy?

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Its ok to be flashy, but nothing seems to fit together. Use images that aren't stretched out of shape, a logo that fits with the header. Spend some bucks on a proper design - surely your business is worth that investment?

sarahk, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  5. alejojr5th

alejojr5th Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks

6. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

The first impression I got of your site was too much text. What about replacing the text under the black strip with a banner? The banner could have a call to action button such as "order now" or "Learn More". Also one big image on the banner would look good. If you need any help getting banners designed feel free to contact me :)

OH

Original Hosting, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  7. Calanau

Calanau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also, try to replaced the pictures (images) that were taken from Google and still have the cross protection over it. Use free images database for pictures such as photopin.com or make them on your own (everyone can do it using online software or any graphic program available for free).

You could also install a live chat on your site so that people could easily talk to you without calling. Just a suggestion. :)

Calanau, Feb 16, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  8. Noraiz Banklin

Noraiz Banklin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    simple and good looking website, but i think you need to change with modern template like your domain name, hope this will make good change in your website

Noraiz Banklin, Feb 16, 2013 IP