1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a WordPress plugin that can display more than a few products on one page

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Boris4ka, May 6, 2013.

It seems every plugin I've found so far makes 1 request to the Amazon API for each product you want to show. Because of Amazon's limit of 1 request per second, that means you can't show more than 1 or 2 posts on the front page.

Are there any plugins that would let me have one product per post, and 10 or 20 posts per page? I know the API supports 10 products using 1 request, but all the plugins I've found only do 1 product using 1 request, so it's wasting requests and breaking Amazon's API rules.

I am willing to pay for the plugin, if it exists, but I've even tried contacting support for a paid plugin and they have no idea about the API limitations. And a lot of plugins seem to permanently cache the product info, which is against Amazon's rules.

So are there any Wordpress plugins out there that properly work with the Amazon API?

Oh and I'm not looking for an auto-poster. I just want to insert the product image, price, and affiliate URL into regular posts.

Boris4ka, May 6, 2013 IP
  2. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Reviewazon would do it for you. It's a paid plugin, but if you are going to go that deep into Amazon it would be worth it. Lots of features and fairly easy to set up. Reviewazon.com I think.

Maestroc, May 6, 2013 IP
  3. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what you're talking about as most reputable plugins are caching results from the API and aren't hitting Amazon with every request. wpzonbuilder works great and caches the data that it retrieves. Just don't use it out of the box to build store-like sites or you'll be disappointed.

freelancewebaz, May 7, 2013 IP