1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a website review :)

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Franklin Hatchett, Apr 20, 2015.

Hey guys,

I don't own this website 100% But I'm financially invested in it... co-owner.

Just wanting a few reviews etc. Anything that can be improved on and all that :)

Social Media Hub

Thanks

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well it has a LOT of issues. First up on the design side you've got that stupid "not logged in popup" instead of just highlighting the login and register controls, the font sizes are a uselessly and absurdly undersized fixed metric (px) measurement, I'm not sure what font that is but it renders ugly as sin in Windows (at least at those sizes), you've got some color contrast issues (like the light blue on grey, grey on grey and white on light green) that only further exacerbates the hard to read font choices, and of course it's not elastic, semi-fluid or responsive meaning unless you are on a very large desktop display, it's a useless mess.

That registration page you linked to is a train wreck of how not to code a website as well. An utter and complete lack of numbered headings means there's no logical document structure, the tables for layout AND tables for NOTHING are pointless code bloat, and the whole thing is ridiculously knee deep in endless pointless JavaScript for NOTHING.

These issues are also why the page takes a ridiculous amount of time to load -- fourteen separate JavaScripts coming to 711k on a page that I'm not seeing anything that should even be using JS in the first place other than that crappy little "hello guest" popup. That it then uses ten separate CSS files for Christmas only knows what isn't helping.

Of course, it's just a poorly modified version of myBB's default skin, a software who's defaults are train wrecks of developer ineptitude -- so not all of that is you folks fault.

Overall? YAWN, you've got a copy of myBB with ugly fonts, ugly colors and accessibility issues.

deathshadow, Apr 23, 2015 IP
  3. Croatia

Croatia Banned

Best Answers:
    Not Good Designing.

Croatia, Apr 29, 2015 IP