1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a small forums/message board solution.

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Brinked, Jan 1, 2006.

Im looking for a small yet capable solution for my hosting website. Im building it into a community and i want the forums to fit on the main page so i need a forums solution that can fit in a 280 px width table. I dont want a stand alone forums because i want the rest of the site to be accessed from the forums. any suggestions is appreciated. the site is hostiz.com

Brinked, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  2. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    might want to try phpBB with some custom programing to place posts on the first page. good luck

ServerUnion, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  3. aboyd

aboyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may not need to do a LOT of custom programming. Check out the "Narnia" link in my signature. On the main page, on the left side, is the full list of the forums. I can make that box even smaller easily. Of course, using the links in the box takes you to the full forum page, but I can also style the forum page to have any look that I want. So if I wanted to keep my sidebars and just have the forum appear in a small box in the middle of the page, that would be possible.

To do this, you need phpBB as the main forum, and phpbb_fetch_all as the mod that allows you to embed bits of the forum into your own homepage. Once you have phpbb_fetch_all installed, take a look at their "portal" page demo (which will be in the directory that you installed it into), and just start removing the bits you don't need or want.

-Tony

aboyd, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  4. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    I reccommend SEO-Board!!

latehorn, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-35,GGLG:en&q=seo-board

minstrel, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  6. cmpolis

cmpolis Peon

Best Answers:
    check out phpBB - www.phpbb.com - best free BB software, IMO

cmpolis, Jan 11, 2006 IP