1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking For A Proofreader For My News Website

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Andrew141, Jul 8, 2018.

I'm looking for a proof-reader for my politics/culture website, primarily related to USA news but there are some international topics as well.

Basically, your job will be to proof-read one 1500-2500 word article a day, checking the writing for 1) grammar and spelling errors, 2) syntax errors, 3) logical errors, 4) inconsistencies, 5) lack of citations, 6) writing style and 7) ensuring the writing actually sounds good and flows nicely.

Also, it will be your job, and this is important, to correct those errors. However, don't worry, there won't be that many errors because the writers are competent.

I'm accepting native English speakers only.

People who have a university/college education in the humanities, as well as journalism and literature, will be prioritized in the hiring process.

Each article takes around 5-10 minutes to read, and there won't be that many errors in the articles, so I'm willing to pay 4 USD for each article, and you have to be available to read one article a day, 6 days a week, from 10:00 am until 12:30 pm in the Eastern Time Zone.

Send your application and resume by email.

Andrew141, Jul 8, 2018 IP
  2. Abike O. Washington

Abike O. Washington Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have applied for this position. I sent an attached resume.

Thank you,

Abike

Abike O. Washington, Jul 23, 2018 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You probably should post a short article needing proofing just so we can be sure that we want to apply.

From what I have seen over the years is tons of so-called proofed works with TONS of errors. I cannot remember the last time that I saw ANYTHING that would pass my proof test. Spelling errors, antecedent agreement errors, and hanging clause errors are the most common errors I see. And I see and hear them hundreds of times per day.

mmerlinn, Jul 24, 2018 IP
    wco likes this.
  4. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $4.00 a day, 2,500 words? This seems like a garbage offer. It's a lot of demands and requests, and if these writers were so competent, then this sort of service shouldn't be required. What quality of proofreading does a website manager/owner honestly expect to get at this rate?

OP writes eloquently enough to proofread it himself.

wco, Aug 23, 2018 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.