1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for a PHP Programmer who can make a basic modification to my websites homepag

Discussion in 'Programming' started by nRdigital, Jul 27, 2011.

If you go to sellyourcarforfree.co.uk and look at any of the Renault listings on the homepage, you'll see that their listing box is a lot bigger than any other car listed on the homepage, this is because it has bullet points in making the box larger.

I need a programmer to make the description on all of the listings on the homepage be stripped of any formatting, and only display the first 200 characters (much like wordpress does with blog posts on the homepage).

I'm looking to get this done ASAP, so I look forward to hearing from some programmers... Thanks

nRdigital, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  2. nRdigital

nRdigital Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have uploaded the index.php file (in .txt format) so you can view it, at sellyourcarforfree.co.uk/dp/

The variable that posts the listing description is this one: {$listing_description[var]}

So I need the content of that variable to be stripped of any formatting and limited to 250 characters when its displayed on the homepage.

3. spaceman12

spaceman12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello, most probably, each car advertized on the site is placed within a <div> block and the height of the div is set to auto (with the minimum height aleready been set). So it has got nothing to do with the php function or anything but u need to alter a lil bit of the css stylesheet. If im not too busy, maybe i can set that for you

spaceman12, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  4. nRdigital

nRdigital Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The job has been done excellently by krishmk - thanks!

**Job Closed**