1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a Geotargeting advertisement server software

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mrweb, Dec 8, 2019.

Hello,

I would like to display ads based on visitors countries. I tried Revive adserver but the recent Geotargeting database is not compatible with their version. Any suggestions?

Thank you

mrweb, Dec 8, 2019 IP
  2. wmtips

wmtips Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If we are talking about free ad serving systems, Revive Adserver is a best choice. What kind of compatibility problems you have?
    https://www.revive-adserver.com/faq/geotargeting-with-revive-adserver/

wmtips, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  3. wmtips

wmtips Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oops, now I see what the original post was from 2019... @MaxonAd, why are you bumping old threads, do you really think the OP is still waiting for your information?

wmtips, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  4. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @wmtips, I'm still looking for a solution for that .

The geolocation database is not compitable with revive current version, that what I read on their website.

mrweb, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  5. wmtips

wmtips Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Revive Adserver by default supports legacy Maxmind GEOIP database (.dat extension).
    Also, it can support Maxmind GEOIP2(MMDB) with Maxmind Geoip2 MMDB plugin (paid, $179.00).

So, if you don't want to pay for a plugin, since legacy databases are discontinued and not updated by Maxmind anymore, you can try the unofficial GeoIP legacy databases, converted from free GeoLite2: https://mailfud.org/geoip-legacy/. Or, if you have the paid MMDB databases, you can convert them yourself with geolite2legacy tool.

wmtips, Apr 1, 2020 IP