1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a dynamic xml sitemap generator (sitemap.xml) for Google Sitemap beta2

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Luca L., Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have a download & review portal, and I subscribed to “Google sitemap beta2”, the problem is that my links on my pages change every minute, and to generate sitemap.xml (that file is needed by google sitemap beta2) two or tree times every day is difficult for me. I found a script that generates dynamically the sitemap.xml without my intervention but it’s written in php. My hosting supports only asp L. So, can somebody tell me where I can find a script similar to that found on xml-sitemap-generator.com but written in asp?
    The second question I have is: Google Sitemap Beta2 system helps? From the start, when I submitted my site to Google’s engine, they suggested subscribing immediately to Google sitemap system, they even provided me an automatic script generator for free … but

Luca L., Jul 30, 2006 IP
  2. ibnuasad

ibnuasad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you could try converting the php script to ASP....MAYBE it'll work...

ibnuasad, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  3. glennhefley

glennhefley Peon

Best Answers:
    I would move to a new host if mine didn't support PHP. That's just silly.

If your links are changing that much, then the site map isn't going to do your website much good anyway. In fact it will probably hurt it. The search engines want to index and reference stable pages, so when they return or send viewers to your site, those links and pages still exist, (next week, next month and next year). Unstable sites are usually removed from the index.

just a hint..

glennhefley, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  4. cross_on

cross_on Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you should write your own script on ASP to automatically generate xml sitemaps. Or you

can Just once create a static xml sitemap with a program or a script and then add new link in your

xml sitemap file.

By the way. If your portal has RSS feeds, you can every day import your RSS feed into xml sitemap with Sitemap Writer Pro.
    Here is a quotation from their website:

cross_on, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  5. cross_on

cross_on Guest

Best Answers:
    oops.. didn't pay attention on topic date :))

cross_on, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  6. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think the best way is finding a google sitemap plugin for your cms

trichnosis, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  7. carolina-advertising

carolina-advertising Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have shell access, the python sitemap gen is awsome that google's developers wrote.

You can d/l it from sourceforge...
    ~RD

carolina-advertising, Nov 26, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.