1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a better host

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Kremechoco, Feb 17, 2012.

I've recently switched to a different web host. I been getting 508 Resource Limit error multiple times the past few days. My process entry limit on this host is 20. So I'm looking for a host that has unlimited (if possible) or higher process entry limits and unlimited bandwidth.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    Kremechoco, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody is going to let you monopolize the resources on their server. 20 processes is more than enough for most shared accounts. You're going to need either a VPS or dedicated server if you find yourself using all the allocated resources.

WSWD, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. Kremechoco

Kremechoco Peon

Best Answers:
    I also asked if there was some with a higher limit, thanks.
    I know some offer more.

Kremechoco, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  4. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    There are some with higher limits. We don't cap our resources but what are you running that requires 20 processes?

SolidShellSecurity, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every host caps their resources, whether they admit to it or not. They aren't going to let somebody utilize an entire dedicated server's resources for $1/mo. It makes absolutely no financial sense. Your account might not be limited by the control panel, but it will just be suspended if you use too much.

That said, just ask around. Visit hosts and ask them. You might also contact your current host (if you are otherwise happy with them) and see if you can pay more to have the processes raised.

Like I said, however, having to run greater than 20 processes is well beyond what you should be using on a shared hosting account, which is why I recommended a VPS.

WSWD, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  6. faria.royle

faria.royle Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right, and 20 processes are more then enough. And if you found some one offering more then this, you will simply getting your website down every other day.

It is time to upgrade to VPS or semi-dedicated server, because it looks like you've outgrown your shared environments.

faria.royle, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  7. PanosZ

PanosZ Member

Best Answers:
    You will find something between 20-25. As the others said it is time to go for a vps.

PanosZ, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  8. moduleserver

moduleserver Peon

Best Answers:
    dedicated for you mate

moduleserver, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  9. hclloveh

hclloveh Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend upgrade to VPS or dedicated server with this situation. :) Shared Server can't have unlimited processor. :)

hclloveh, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  10. hostavps

hostavps Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds to me like you may be using more resources than most shared hosts allow in their shared environment. I would suggest looking into getting a VPS where you wont have resource restrictions, only resources of the plan you purchase with that vps provider.

hostavps, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  11. Santrex.net

Santrex.net Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you already found the right company for you, the OP?

Santrex.net, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  12. Webwerks-rit

Webwerks-rit Peon

Best Answers:
    The most valuable negative reviews are the ones that portray both sides of the pictures because they are unlikely to be biased as they can see the good and the bad unlike the ones that are just really pissed at a particular host because they made one or two mistakes.

Webwerks-rit, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  13. hranitel

hranitel Banned

Best Answers:
    Marblehost provides quality unlimited hosting.
    Highly recommended.

hranitel, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  14. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Webwerks-rit makes a good point. It is better to assess reviews for hosts overall as opposed to one really bad review or one really glowing review. There will always be some customers that post really negative reviews and bad events do occur because machines do go down. A VPS is most likely what you need and there are many reliable providers that have good offers across the web. Unlimited doesn't really imply to infinity so you should consult with the sales dept. of your hosting choice to discover what they mean by unlimited. It may be time to move up to a VPS and experience how that can really benefit you at this stage in your hosting experience.

JPC-Sabrina, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  15. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All you need to check for a host is their reviews as many of the people already discussing regarding this.

Find a good hosting company is really easy there days, you don't need to do much hard work, google can help you.

no69_2007, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  16. ServerMicro

ServerMicro Peon

Best Answers:
    google for hosting companys, or check the offer section, but looking at what your saying it looks like its time to upgrade to a vps... :/

ServerMicro, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  17. Crook-sam

Crook-sam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest webmasters to look for a minimum uptime of 99%. In fact, even 99% is actually too low - it really should be 99.5% or higher. The host should provide some sort of refund (eg prorated refund or discount) if it falls below that figure.

Crook-sam, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  18. phxadam

phxadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Crook-sam this is called SLA "Service Level Agreement"

@Kremechoco If you upgrade to a VPS be prepared for control panel license fees (or learn linux). I recommend working it out with a shared host, could be as easy as contacting them on live chat.

phxadam, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  19. yester123

yester123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you what you are getting is enough for shared hosting

yester123, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  20. bigcroc

bigcroc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nowadays there are a lot of web hosting companies competing in the online market. It is always difficult to chose the right one. You have to try each webhost one by one until you find the perfect one. So don't go for webhosts that ask you to sign yearly contracts, this means you will have to be struck with them, and always go for those who give money back guarantee, typical time is 30 days, some have 45 or 90 days. Read the terms of usage thoroughly, so that you know what they really offer.

bigcroc, Feb 29, 2012 IP