1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for *5 Star* Affiliate Programs? Affiliate New & Updates

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by 5starAffiliates, Feb 10, 2006.

I post here often offering support, tips and solutions whenever I can and have gotten awesome support back from this community. I sometimes mention new affiliate programs we launch. Just realized however that I should probably start one main 5 star thread that I can update with all new programs and affiliate tools we launch, just to keep thing in one place and make it easier for you to find.

Most of you know 5 Star and what we do, but for those that don’t here’s a little overview. With all the scams out there, I just want DP affiliates to know there is one place where you can always find good honest programs.

ABOUT 5 STAR AFFILIATE PROGRAMS

5 Star Affiliate Programs represents or consults for some of the top revshare programs available from top brands such as National Geographic Store, ClubMom, Digital River (RegNow), Affiliate Classroom and Mondera Diamonds as well as offering some brand new programs from almost every market niche. Most 5 Star programs are managed by PartnerCentric and AMWSO the 2 top affiliate management companies in the business.

.::. Over 50 Honest, high paying programs, guaranteed to pay on time
    .::. High payouts and conversion rates - Some cutting checks for over $10K a month!
    .::. Free Datafeeds, the IPC (Instant Page Creator) and other free page building tools available for most programs
    .::. Affiliate-centered, pro-active management available to help you succeed

Some of the newest programs we have just launched, as well as affiliate contests and important changes in current program payouts can be found in our monthly newsletter below..

One of our new programs pays $75 for DELL computers – compare that to the Dell affiliate program!
    ;-)

5 Star Affiliate Program February Newsletter
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/sales-news-feb2006.html

All new programs get listed on the front page - All 50 programs can be researched in our directory and all have a full page review. I will keep you updated in this thread as we add new programs and tools to help you succeed.

Let me know if you have questions or if there is any way I can help your affiliate marketing efforts.

5starAffiliates, Feb 10, 2006 IP
    Chuckun likes this.
  2. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've got a question.

I started a radar detector site/affiliate program a few months ago, but haven't had time to promote it at all. I have an affiliate program with shareasale that has given me 51 affiliates. They send a few visitors per day, but no sales yet.

I don't want to waste money advertising if it's going to be uneffective. What do you suggest? :D :D

MattEvers, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  3. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Matt,

It's really hard to get good affiliates and can take a good 6 month to get a program going strong. Even if you get on a great network like Shareasale if you just sit back and hope they will join, you won't typically get the super affiliates that are on SAS to join you. So you still need to do some pro-active recruiting to find the good ones.

On SAS, you also need to be on Auto-deposit, start making sales and get a good EPC going before the strong affiliates will consider you and thats assuming you have great payouts, banners and long cookies. You also need a GOOD datafeed on SAS to attract the good affs.

I do affiliate recruiting and program PR for a living so here are some ideas - most are free. Some affiliate forums allow free or paid program announcements you just need to find the ones that do. Search for "affiliate forums" on Google. Some allow a new program announcement and others don't. I mod several affiliate forums and a couple do allow blatant new program ads. Read the rules, some you have to have a certain # of posts, one you have to pay for some don't allow even a sig, it just depends on the forum. My own 5 Star Affiliate forum is one that allows affiliate program announcements - feel free to announce your program there.

Submit to #2-10 of the affiliate directories here:
    http://www.google.com/Top/Computers...ffiliate_Programs/Resources/Directories/?il=1
    (#1 is not a directory, # 7 is me and my directory is only open to my clients.)
    The directories are free - it just takes some time. Directories wont get you much in terms of affiliates, but you should still be in the top few.

Then also you can search Google to find top sites that sell similar products and do a short VERY personalized invite to join yours. I don't do ANY email recruiting because it's tricky and some affiliates consider it SPAM. I know companies that will do the email recruiting I could refer you to though. I also know of software that helps make the job much easier.

THERE ARE LOTS of strong affiliates here too. You should add a link to your sig. :)

Hope this helps!

4. HalfAgain

HalfAgain Peon

Best Answers:
    Now THAT is some great advice.
    Personal contact with potential affiliates I believe is the biggest and most effective way...

HalfAgain, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  5. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    MattEvers,

As an affiliate here is my advice on a pitch to an affiliate.

-Don't make endless and excessive claims about how much money I will make. I already heard it all and if you go too far I will not trust you.
    -Don't tell me it isn't going to require any effort on my part.
    -Do tell me why you need me. e.g. We are experts in X, we need your expertise in Y.
    -Do highlight your best stats. e.g. Our top aff. made $121k last quarter.
    -Do tell me the facts of your program. Simple terms, bullet pointed.
    + 10% commission on all sales.
    + 2% bonus for Y achievement.
    -Do my research for me. Research your competitors and explain why you are better than "other programs of this type".
    -Do tell me what wonderful tools you have to offer me. Datafeed? How do I access it?
    -Do tell me what types of marketing other affiliates are using successfully.
    -Do tell me you answer your email.
    -Do answer your email. If an affiliate sends you any message no matter how stupid and/or badly written, answer it.

Any ways, just some random ideas from my point of view.

I work with about a dozen advertisers and I only make any real money from 2 or 3. So although I think of myself as reasonably good affiliate not everything works for me. For a few of my advertisers if they would just answer their email and/or offer me the right tools I would also make money with them (read make them money). But they do not, so I ignore them and find something else.

alext, Feb 10, 2006 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  6. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Thanks HalfAgain!

alext - more great advice!

These are the things sadly that many affiliate managers do wrong, so it needs to be pointed out over and over again. Funny, that sometimes it carries more weight coming from an affiliate than an affiliate management consultant. Thanks for sharing some important points!

7. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies guys. 5star I can't give you rep since I did a few days ago, but others are taken care of.

I have been doing so much being the affiliate that I don't have time to find ones for my own program. It's harder finding affiliates then being one.

Thanks for your help guys.

MattEvers, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  8. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    HI Matt,

You're welcome. Best of Luck with growing your program.

Oh and thanks SOOOOOO much for the rep. I did see that the other day and appreciate it.

5starAffiliates, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  9. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Could a mod please delete that spam from my 5 Star thread?

It's off topic and a dup of his other post here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=635391&postcount=18

Plus I object to download type affiliate programs because they are typically filled with parasites that steal the honest affiliates commissions.

Thanks! :)

5starAffiliates, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  10. rainmaker

rainmaker Member

Best Answers:
    Someone in this thread alluded to customer service, or at least components of Customer Service, being key in "them" deciding on which affiliate marketing program to go with.

Sad, isn't it, that we have become so proficient in writing sales copy that compels us to stop thinking, just for that moment as we reach out for our wallets and credit cards, that we we have forgotten who is most important in this transaction?!
    In my learning sales and customer service, It was always drummed into our heads that the Customer is always right.. regardless of the situation, transaction etc.. the customer was, and should always be King.

I have just relocated from South Africa to the States and recently, I purchased a washing machine and drier from a well known vendor in the State I am living in.
    I was promised that these items would be delivered on a certain date and, as I had paid cash for these items, I didn't think much of it.. after all, here I am, coming from a third World to a 1st World, surely customer service would be World class.. how wrong I was.
    Not only did this vendor not deliver my goods on the appointed date, they did not call to reschedule and, when I called, the customer care representative, or whatever they call them, cut the call on me..
    Lest I sound as if I am venting, I just wanted to bring home the point that, it is easier to spread bad news and service, than it is to spread good ones.
    I mean, just look at George Dubya's record and tell me when was the last time something good was said about him or by him?
    Proves a point there.

I am fascinated by affiliate marketing, I am fascinated by the fact that so few people on planet earth (as high as 1 percent of the total successful affiliate marketing pool) is making 6 and sometimes 7 figure incomes in the comfort of their own homes.. yet, these same Marketers are not doing much to assist those that should be selling their own products.
    Please note this is not a generalization, lest we have replies to this thread to the effect that Raymond my brother who lived down the street is a successful marketer and is helping others realize the American, or whatever other country's dream!

This brings me to my final point; if customer service sucks in general, perhaps it's time we did some brain storming, and came up with an e-book on affiliate marketing customer service, and how to attract customers, like a bee to honey, over and over, in the comforts of our own PJs, and on remote control!

Makes sense?
    :angel:

rainmaker, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  11. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Ooops Sorry. Forgot I was going to keep all 5 Star announcements in one thread. Mods you can delete the other MPORT thread if you like.

How many of you have heard of or currently work with MPORT? In case you haven’t heard the news, they are a new affiliate network that was recently launched as a division of AzoogleAds, the popular CPA network which has been voted #1 for the last two years.

The team behind MPORT understands both merchants and affiliates and has built the affiliate network from the ground up to make affiliate marketing an enjoyable and profitable experience. Affiliate support is high on their list and they want to offer you the tools and infrastructure to succeed. Here are just a few of the things that make MPORT stand out.

MPORT Affiliate Network Benefits
    .:. Affiliate Payouts – on-time every 15 days
    .:. Parasite-free and committed to staying that way
    .:. Datafeeds and other affiliate tools
    .:. View some top MPORT merchants and offers - bottom of this page

Get all the MPORT Affiliate Network info & join here!
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/affiliate-network.html

MPORT wants to continue to build the very best network possible so is looking for feedback and suggestions from both merchants and affiliates. A new version is coming soon that will offer even more new affiliate tools. Post your ideas and suggestions here or email to Mitchell Richler, the affiliate manager: mitchell AT mport DOT com

Let me know if you have any questions about MPORT or if there is anything I can do to help you be successful!

5starAffiliates, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  12. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a cool one!

Restaurant.com offers a national database of more than 6,000 restaurants and a number of online merchants. Customers may search by state, city, neighborhood, zip code and cuisine type to find the perfect restaurant plus $25 dining certificates are offered at a purchase price of $10!

We reward our affiliates for performance. Affiliates who drive traffic to Restaurant.com earn 15% commission for every visitor who clicks on an authorized Restaurant.com banner and buys a dining certificate. It’s that simple so get started now and start earning commissions!

To sign up click here: http://www.restaurant.com/affiliates/

Pro-actively managed by PartnerCentric

5starAffiliates, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  13. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    One of our new affiliate programs is having a HUGE incentive bonus.

Direct2Own Announces Big Affiliate Bonuses

The Direct2Own offers Rent to own computers to the subprime market.
    All computers are brand new Dell computers, shipped from Dell, supported by Dell!
    Your customers only get quality on an affordable payment plan.

Standard payout is $75 per sale, however for a limited time Direct2Own is running an aggressive promotion. Above and beyond the $75 commissions affiliate will receive:

- 1st 2 Sales an extra $100!
    - 10 Sales an extra $250
    - 25 Sales an extra $500 or a new Dell Dimension 100

For more details on the program or this new bonus structure click here: http://affiliates.partnercentric.com/direct2own/

5starAffiliates, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  14. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    WYNN a Trip to VEGAS and Stay at the WYNN Resort

One of my clients the Wynn Hotel and Resort is having a fantastic contest.

Spring's before us and it's time to introduce your site's visitors to Wynn Las Vegas! Between March 1 and March 30, the Spring into Shows Promotion will be live.

What can you win?

Activate your Show Ticket Link and Receive a FREE eComXpo Conference Pass, and a $25 WYNN LAS VEGAS GIFT CARD.

Sell 20 Show Tickets and receive an invite to the Wynn Las Vegas Affiliate Fam Tour in April (Includes 3 Day/ 2 night Stay at Wynn Las Vegas, Show Tickets, and Dinner).

Read the 5 Star review and join the Wynn Affiliate Program here:
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/wynn-las-vegas.html

5starAffiliates, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  15. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Just got the March Madness issue of the 5 Star Newsletter out which is packed with exciting new programs for you to earn revenue from and tons of new contests.

Also some forum news including the fact that the infamous Mike Dammann who you all love and refer to here as the "BlogMaster" was promoted to my 5 Star Mod Squad. :D He's so fun to have on my team! :p

Please View the 5 Star News Online:
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/sales-news-march2006.html

As always, let me know what I can do to help you be successful with any of our 5 Star programs.

5starAffiliates, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  16. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    We soft launched these programs last week, but today is the official launch so wanted to come to share the info with you here.

ProspectZone recently improved and re-launched their 1st two affiliate programs and they have more on the way. They offer separate Insurance and Mortgage affiliate programs so you can promote one or both on your consumer and/or financial related sites.

PROGRAM BENEFITS

.:. They pay up to $35 a lead based on volume and the type of lead

.:. Key Feature – High conversions due to short forms with no SS #s required

.:. Nice clean well designed consumer sites & forms to send your traffic too

.:. Some of their affiliates from each program are making over 30K a month

For complete program details, all the commission rates and to join,
    visit the ProspectZone 5 Star Review Page

As always, let me knowif you have questions or if there is anything I can do to help you be successful with any of our 5 Star programs.

5starAffiliates, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  17. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys,

Have a couple more new affiliate programs for you and several other new ones in the works. The 2 newest programs are:

GetLower - One of the leading mortgage companies available in CJ.

Kaneesha - South Asian fashion clothing, jewelry, and accessories.

You can get complete details and the commission rates, as well as checking out all the NEWEST 5 Star Programs here:
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/#NewAffiliatePrograms

Happy Selling! :)

5starAffiliates, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  18. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Talk about the PERFECT niche for the upcoming summer season!

We have a new client coming onboard in May. Some of you know Brook Schaaf from other affiliate programs he has managed like Zappos, Shoes.com, and Edmunds. Here is a new affiliate program his consulting company just launched.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Schaaf Consulting is proud to announce the launch of a new affiliate program:
    In The Swim Discount Pool Supplies

In The Swim is the largest and fastest growing direct marketer of swimming pool supplies in the country. InTheSwim.com is the online category leader with the largest selection of pool supply products, dedicated program management, and a strong conversion rate - over 3%! You will find that the pool supplies category is a hidden gem. It is a $7.5 billion industry with over 15 million pools and spas in the US.

You will be happy to know this program is on Shareasale and does have a datafeed. :)

Commission is 5%, but to kick off the program, the commission is being QUADRUPLED to 20% for the month of April, and doubled to 10% for the month of May.

Dive into all the details at the new affiliate portal:
    www.AffiliateSwim.com!

5starAffiliates, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  19. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Some of you know Brook Schaaf from other affiliate programs he has managed like Zappos, Shoes.com, and Edmunds. He and his brother Forrest have launched a new outsourced affiliate management company - Schaaf Consulting. They specialize in running affiliate-centered programs with an experienced, yet personal touch. Two of their new affiliate programs are In The Swim (pool supplies) and Instrument Pro (musical instruments).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Talk about the PERFECT niche for the upcoming summer season!
    In The Swim Discount Pool Supplies
    BRAND NEW!

.:. Largest and fastest growing swimming pool supply retailer
    .:. Trusted 3rd party tracking by Shareasale
    .:. Nice high $150 average order size and high conversions
    .:. Double commission kick-off bonus for May

InstrumentPro

.:. 10,000 Musical Instruments including Woodwinds, Brass & Band Instruments
    .:. Trusted 3rd party tracking by CJ or Myap (Kolimbo Network)
    .:. $300 average order size
    .:. Datafeeds and more…

For complete affiliate program details or for a free merchant consultation
    visit the Schaaf Consulting 5 Star Review Page at:
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/schaaf-consulting.html

As always, let me know what I can do to help you be successful with any of our 5 Star programs.

5starAffiliates, May 9, 2006 IP
  20. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    What do you get when you combine CPM advertising + on-going residual income?

2 ways to earn with the RealTech Network

1) Partner with the RealTech Network to monetize your site with CPM ads. If you have a high traffic site you can earn good money by running banner ads and this ad revenue does not compete with or conflict with other affiliate programs or Adsense ads you may be running.

2) Refer other publishers and advertisers to the RealTech Network and earn on-going residual income every month they are active.
    RealTech Network features top brand CPM advertisers like Dell, HP, Circuit City, Ford, Microsoft, SBC, Sony, EarthLink, Staples and many more. With RealTechNetwork, you'll have access to over 700 advertisers and over 2800 active campaigns. RealTechNetwork will always have ads to fill your entire web inventory. The ads are guaranteed to be adware and spyware free.

Check out the 5 Star review of the RealTech Network to learn more and sign up.
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/ad-network.html

5starAffiliates, May 31, 2006 IP