1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Long tail, short tail - how to choose the right keywords?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by PallaviSingh, Oct 11, 2012.

People often ask about long tail and short tail keywords.
    Often it basically summarized into a little graph: short tail keywords drives traffic but poorly convert, long tail keywords have low traffic but highly convert...

Blablabla - SEO verbiage - most of your clients can not understand what you mean.

There is a consortium promoting the use of simple English and SEO needs to promote simple SEO explanations!

A short tail keyword is "chocolate" - certainly you can imagine the traffic this first one can drive is gigantic.
    A long tail keyword is "chocolate fragranced bubble bath" - certainly you can imagine the traffic this second one drives is much smaller.

If you are selling body products that smell chocolate, you should not use the first one coz most of the people are likely to look for recipes or chocolate treats. Your pages will be visited yes, for 5 seconds. The chances to sell are close to zero.
    You should certainly choose the second option. The traffic is moderate but everyone using this keyword is looking exactly for what you sell. The chances to have a visitor buying your bubble bath are huge.

Now, life is more complicated but i believe you can make the comprehensive choice by evaluating the chances to sell in a moderately targeted audience. This is the fine-tuning of SEO keywords!

PallaviSingh, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  2. AmeliaEric

AmeliaEric Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword has to types one is Short tail and other is Long tail (keyword phrase). If you have a Shoe store and Shoes is the short tail and has traffic but not shore that gives the customers but meanwhile there is search with long tail keyword like Nike Black shoes with size 12. This keyword has limited search but may give you a sale. I think there are uncertain conditions for the selection of keywords.

AmeliaEric, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  3. mljohn

mljohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys you should choose the keyword which has traffic according to your business between short tail keyword and long tail keyword.

mljohn, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  4. gamez4you

gamez4you Member

Best Answers:
    I have a question:What is the most efficient way to extract as many relevant long-tale keywords as possible? Do I do it manually and just choose from the top of my head? (by long-tale I mean more than 5)I'm looking for a method that will allow me to extract hundreds of long-tale keywords (doesn't have to be unique keywords) without missing a lot.For example:For "online games" page I can use:free online games for kidsfree online flash games for kidsplay online games for freeetc....I'm aiming for longer keywords (7-9 words). Is there another way to extract them ?Thanks

gamez4you, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  5. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to get better conversion rate (CR) and also get max revenue, you can select many long tail keywords then optimize it in few pages.

himanuzo, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  6. gamez4you

gamez4you Member

Best Answers:
    Bu the question is how to come up with as many long-tails as possible without forgetting many? If the only way is to write it manually, how can I make sure I cover everything?

gamez4you, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  7. BacklinkExpert

BacklinkExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Long tail keywords is the best to target with or start with

BacklinkExpert, Nov 12, 2012 IP