1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logo contest Winner gets $75 and second place $25 via paypal wish to end it in 72hrs

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Feb 11, 2009.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

If you insist :)

1)TheAge
    SEMrush
    2)TightWad

3)Tsoft

4)RNHalawi

5)Renderwork

Keep in mind I am still waiting for some entries from watari and a couple from the super talented dp dudettes (anidesign and xpressions). Correction, I am waiting for an entry from watari and hoping for an entry from anidesign and xpressions.

the article, thanks for the new one mate and even though I don't want to dissapoint a fellow Melbournian but still not heading in the right direction. I appreciate your positive attitude and not giving up after the first try.

Also, if anyone else is interested, this contest is still open and entries are welcomed, however I would like to choose the finalists in about 24hrs from this post.

---

proteindude, Feb 13, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. tsoft

tsoft Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @davey

Thanks! Always appreciated..

@proteindude

Thanks for the feedback. I'll post a revision soon.

T

tsoft, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  3. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    np tsoft, I just hope my feedback was making sense. I know what I mean but explaining it to the other person is sometimes a different story :)

4. tsoft

tsoft Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not quite sure I understand what you meant but I thought I might as well throw variations of my entry. Maybe I'll understand what you really want this way.

[​IMG]

tsoft, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  5. xpressions

xpressions Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey, Julian! Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, I have been beyond busy and most likely will not be submitting an entry, though been thinking about it. Best of luck.

You are too funny! I just read this....no way! You are my favorite contest holder!

xpressions, Feb 13, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    tsoft, looks good. I will try and send you some examples so you'll know what I mean

xpressions, np. thanks for considering. You got one thing wrong: I wasn't using kind words. I am not a kind person :) I was just stating the facts. And the fact is you are one talented dudette. I am therefore not at all surprised you are busy which isn't always a bad thing ;) Good luck with your other work.

7. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

[​IMG]

Vebtools, Feb 13, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    tsoft: this is what I mean by a cartoony logo (pic 1) which was modernised (pic 2). I hope this gives you a better idea of what I am trying to say. because I like your work but I need it "modernised)

pic 1 cartoony

[​IMG]

pic 2 modernised

[​IMG]

vebtools, your work also looks good but I am also hoping you get this concept of modernising, moving from a cartoony look to a more modern one.

---

9. tsoft

tsoft Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Revision..

[​IMG]

tsoft, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    tsoft: Looks like you got the idea and are heading in the right direction. Please don't do this if it's hard to do (I am not a designer so I have no idea what is hard/easy to do), but is it possible to see the thumbs up logo a bit more from the side rather than the front? If it's hard to do don't do it unless you're one of the finalists which I should decide on in the next few hours.

to anyone else considering this, time is about to run out

----

EDIT: Also I may be off for a few hours because it's Valentine's day and last year I got bruised by the wife and I had to wear long sleeves to cover the bruises for forgetting about taking her out. 14 Feb is usually hot in Australia so I don't want to risk it again. If it's winter I don't mind. Everyone wears long sleeves in winter so I don't look like the odd one. I will definitely be back in a few hours.

11. ricky_william

ricky_william Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

ricky_william, Feb 14, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  12. ricky_william

ricky_william Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

13. ricky_william

ricky_william Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

14. ricky_william

ricky_william Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

15. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

watari, Feb 14, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  16. DrDesigner

DrDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Feedback appreciated​

DrDesigner, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ricky: thanks for the entries but you missed one important point. I wanted the emphasys to be on the icon and not on the text. In all your entries the icon seems to be part of the logo rather than the focus of it so to speak.

Watari: Another entry from one of the big guns here at dp :) thanks for the submissions but not fully there. The thumbs up icon looks good but in this contest I feel like there are stronger entries. I know I want a simple and a stylish thumbs up icon, but I am wondering if you could improve the icon to give it just a little more detail and also if you can make the rest a little more "modern" (please see my example in post #110)

DrDesigner: thanks for making the time to enter this contest. I'll tell you what I like: I like the thumbs up icon as it doesn't have too much detail. I don't like the wrist part of it as it seems just a touch too wide/thick. Or maybe I am just being a little too picky. Also I don't like the dark look you gave to the logo. I want something a little more bright, more positive somehow.

THE FINALISTS. Guys it's up to you if you want to do these changes or not but I thought it would be fair to ask for changes once I have a clear idea whose logos I like the best. Just one more thing before announcing the finalists. One thing has become very clear to me. I need just a thumbs up icon and then the text next to it. You can place the icon on a square, on a circle, oval or diamond shape whatever shape you like. I would also like the whole logo (icon and text next to it) to have a rectangle or something around it, similar to the verisign logo. So that way you have a well defined logo. Also although initially I went with highly recommended, next to the thumbs up will be the name of Australian cities. You can choose therefore to have next to the thumbs either a long name or a short name (whichever you think it best suits your logo). I am not too concerned about the font, it's the actual thumbs icon and its background (circle, square, etc) that I am more concerned with. The colours to use are red and white as in coca cola red white colour scheme. Names you can choose to palce next to thumbs up icon are: PERTH W.A. or SYDNEY N.S.W. or MELBOURNE VIC.

[​IMG]

1) TheAge: looks good but can I please have you submit it on a red background

2) DrDesigner: please do the icon in white on a red background and the text next to it

3) Tightwad: the background for the icon looks good but please make it more towards red and see if you can perhaps reduce the lines for the icon as it looks a bit like the hand of an older person

4) tsoft: all looks good execpt if it's possible to see it from the side. If it's too hard to do that just submit it as it is

5) renderwork: I like your first one but only if you can add a little of a wrist and also smoothen that thumb as it looks a little scary somehow.

ANYONE else can still give it one more try if they wish but it's these guys above whose entries I am considering the most. If any of you finalists don't want to do anymore changes that is fine, but please post in here and let me know so I don't wait for your entries.

---

proteindude, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  18. DrDesigner

DrDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback Julian. Will be posting the revision soon.

-DrD

DrDesigner, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    TheAge: I hope you don't mind I use your work as an example but here's the idea of a logo and the city name next to it and a rectangle around it. Please don't laugh too hard at my example. I am not a designer :eek:

[​IMG]

proteindude, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  20. DrDesigner

DrDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Feedback appreciated

-DrD