1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logo contest Winner gets $75 and second place $25 via paypal wish to end it in 72hrs

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Feb 11, 2009.

1. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nah Julian, just not really into making logos at the moment, concentrating on web design but i'm keeping an eye on this from time to time just out of interest ;)

DaveyBoy, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  2. tGriff

tGriff Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm still here buddy. I'm actually working on this right now.
    Oh, and Cedar Point is amazing. I live a little under 2 hours away from it and go almost every summer. You'll have fun :D

tGriff, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Phew: Thanks DaveyBoy. I thought maybe I said something or who knows what. I hope the webdesign is paying the bills. I still haven't done a proper site for that great s logo you did for me though if you look on my other site the bags have been printed following your great design which you did. Actually I remember once knocking back one of anidesign logos for looking too cool and never had her enter my contests. I am still hoping she'll reconsider.

Come to think about it, I did inadvertedly upset every big guy here at dp: DaveyBoy for not waiting for you to submit one last entry for that poster contest, anidesign for knocking back a logo that was too good (I needed it for a home brand type of product and hers was for a premium product), xpressions for promising to send over a label of one of the designs that xpressions did for me (I never sent the label because the logo xpressions did looked really great but the label didn't turn out as good), zmaja for asking for a quote and then deciding not to go through with that logo (though zmaja did win my website contest) and then there is also neilparnham. Poor old Neil: I hired him for a job and then I asked for so many changes and in the end he told me his daughter was sick in hospital and then I found out he doesn't even have a daughter. Just joking about Neil but everything else is true. And lastly watari: he did some jobs for me and then I asked him for a new one and then I had to delay that small job but watari if you're reading this I will still need that small job. Boy I upset a few folks sometimes :eek: I am therefore asking for forgiveness and participation in my contest ;)

tgriff: thanks for not giving up on me. I look forward to your entry. I can't make it to the states this year but next year God willing I will be riding that monster roller coaster you've got at cedar point. The closest I got to Cedar Point was six flags Magic Mountain though i am told cedar Point is still bigger and better. Hopefully I'll find out next year.

proteindude, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  4. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just had a look Julian, they look great :)

Don't worry, we all upset people from time to time! (I wasn't upset by the way ;))

DaveyBoy, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  5. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Increased thumb size & reduced lines
    [​IMG]

TightWad, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  6. tGriff

tGriff Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Top Thrill Dragster is where it's at. If you ever make it to the Point make sure you don't leave till you ride that bad boy. ;)

It's nothing speculator, but I promised an entry..so here ya go. :D

[​IMG]

tGriff, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  7. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi julian ..
    it is nice to see you make a contest again :)
    actually i have seen your thread yesterday, only i am still have some works must done so dont enter your logo contest until now. but i will submit mine too :D

watari, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  8. TheAge

TheAge Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Point taken :)

- Adrian

TheAge, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  9. RNHalawi.com

RNHalawi.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

RNHalawi.com, Feb 13, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Davey: of course those bags look good. They were designed by a great designer. Just don't ask me how much they cost. it is very expensive to print bags. BTW, feel free to use them in your portfolio if you like them. They looked better when photographed but then they had to be cropped (by another dp member) and that made them lose a little of their "beauty".

TightWad: it's growing on me. Can I ask you to display it on a purely white background? I personally think displaying logos on grayish backgrounds takes away from appreciating the logo

tGriff: I can tell you were in a hurry. highly recommened? (mispelled) :). To be honest not what I am after and I was looking forward to your entry because I looked at your site and that sort of an outline image of that truck you have (swaim) that style I thought would be very suitable in this contest. But this is not as nice as the swaim logo that I liked. It just seems a bit too plain.
    I will definitely ride that Top Thrill Dragster even if I have to queue for hours. I'll come prepared for the queue. Actually Ohio is a nice place. I drove all the way about 5 years ago from Chicago to Columbus OH but it was winter and obviously the park was closed.

watari: thanks for considering this. I look forward to your entry.

RN: I like all of them and they look good but I think I still prefer one from the side just like TightWad and TheAge. I very much like the shade of red you used but I'm sorry to say it the thumbs up icon could still be improved to make it into top two.

proteindude, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  11. TheAge

TheAge Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Protein Dude, I've been meaning to ask, what do you think of the text in mine?

And what do you think of the glossy design, or would you just like a plain one?

- Adrian

TheAge, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  12. tsoft

tsoft Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Usually, when I highly recommend something, I give it a thumbs up AND 5 stars.. :)

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    T

tsoft, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  13. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

TightWad, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmmm... that's a tough one. It's a tough one because the text will be replaced anyway but I just ask designers to use highly recommended to get an idea of how the icon would go with some text. I am pressed for time and I need to do an ad for a magazine where I want to say people all over Australia are giving us the thumbs up. And I was meaning to have a thumbs up and then the name of a city next to it say thumbs up icon and then Sydney next to it and same thumbs up icon and then Melbourne next to it etc, etc. But more importantly I am looking for a great thumbs up icon. I was going to ask you for some changes with a better font but I didn't want to do that in case someone else comes up with a better design. I think I will wait a few more hours and then will probably announce the finalists and right now you are definitely one of them.

Your text looks good but your icon is better. I am sure you will be able to come up with a better text/font once I give you a few more clear directions but that's not the priority right now.

Tsoft: thanks for entering this. That deal with five stars is a great idea. makes me think whether I should have five thumbs up icons next to each other to symbolise the 5 stars but it may be too much and not every one would necessarily get the point. I actually like your entry and the 5 stars presence and yet I feel like something is not quite there. It's not whether or not it looks good because it most certainly does, but suitability wise I wanted something a little more modern somehow and even though it's not fair to describe yours as being cartoony, I prefer something a little more modern. I have no idea if I'm making sense. Can you "modernise" it a little?

TightWad: I like it. Thanks for placing it on a white background

15. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That one from tsoft is ace, gotta say!

DaveyBoy, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  16. TheAge

TheAge Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Australia! Fantastic! I'm a Melbourne bloke, best city in the world ;)

How about the gloss?

- Adrian

TheAge, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  17. crowquill

crowquill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

crowquill, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  18. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Davey: you know me, I am a simple dude and that S logo you did is one of my all time favorite logos. It was simple and stylish. Tsoft's one is definitely unique and very creative and original but perhaps just a touch too busy somehow for me.

TheAge: I thought you may be from Melbourne, though TheAge is not a newspaper I get a chance to read. I am also from one of Melbourne's suburbs and if it wasn't for the weather I would also give Melbourne the thumbs up :) .

IM3D: thanks for entering this. I was hoping you would enter it because you're a very talented dude and you come up with some amazing logos sometimes. I am sorry to say it but this isn't one of your best logos. It's just a touch too plain.

crowquill: mate sorry to dissapoint you but not what I was expecting from you. You are a great designer and you come up with some supercool logos and that is why I was really hoping you would post an entry. Based on your past entries I always thought your strength was designing icons and that is why I was really looking forward to your entry and I am also sorry to say it but not going to be one of the finalists. I think the icon lacks a bit in style and uniqueness.

19. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    so top 5 are?

Vebtools, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  20. The Article Person

The Article Person Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My final try, unless you think it has potential.:)

[​IMG]

BTW, I'm from Melbourne Australia Too.:)

The Article Person, Feb 13, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.