1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LOGO contest, winner gets $30

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Aug 6, 2007.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks again Jamess. This is more of what I was after but still not wide enough for my need. It is very stylish and closer to what I wanted than other designs you submitted but I am more inclined towards the other designs with a wider/bolder font.

I forgot to mention it, in my last contest you did some kind of a badge/diamond for that logo. My neighbour can't stop thinking about it: "See that's what I call a professional symbol. The rest of the logo looks good too but this symbol here (the one you did) now this is really something." Again thanks for your help with last contest but this time I am sorry but it's the other designs, the bolder ones I am considering more.

proteindude, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  2. Nick252

Nick252 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wait , i post in some minutes with some last changes

Nick252, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  3. shibligd

shibligd Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    see my logo changes
    [​IMG]

shibligd, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  4. Nick252

Nick252 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    some more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nick252, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  5. tomeek

tomeek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for creative feedback proteindude....i applied some of your ideas. Take a look:

[​IMG]

tomeek, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  6. Kia Ora

Kia Ora Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay, I gave up and used Photoshop.

[​IMG]

Kia Ora, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  7. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    shibligd: great effort mate. I got to be honest with you and tell it as I see it: your first design was very ordinary, then the second one got better, and then you got even better again but still not what I am after. It seems to me you just keep on improving so don't give up. I notice some continuous improvements in your work. But this time your logo is still not what I was after.

Nick252: thanks for the new designs. Again, when it comes to perseverance you're a winner. Your designs are all great but still my mind keeps going back to Adumant and KiaOra. It's not that there was anything wrong with your designs, it's just that I somehow find these two guys more suitable.

Tomeek: thanks for the great effort and for following my instructions. Again, your designs are great, I just happen to like Adumant's and KiaOra ones a little more.

KiaOra: thanks so much for the new changes. Again, much, much better but still not quite there.

This is where I am: I will have to choose between Adumant and KiaOra. I find these two designs most suitable. I think with a few small changes I can decide on a winner. So, rather than wasting one of your guys time for nothing, I am announcing a second place prize of $20. This is as an incentive to get you to do more changes and know for a fact you will get something even if you don't win.

So Kia, this is what I want from you: reduce the brightness of the red as it is a little too red or bright and it's a little hard on the eyes. The globe also looks a little like it's got too much white in it. Maybe if you can twist it a little so it shows more of the two Americas in the middle, maybe that will reduce the white on the globe. Also, reduce the emboss effect a little more on the letters. And the last change: see if you can separate the words protein and direct slightly so it reads protein direct rather than proteindirect.

Adumant: if you're still in this, leave the proteindirect as it is. Remove the TM though. remove the ww w.proteindirect.com.au underneath the actual logo. Do something (you're the designer) so I can have the .com.au appear somewhere as part of the logo and write world class proteins also somehow beneath the logo.

Thanks to everyone who participated and look forward to the two finalists changes. KiaOra and Adumant, if you feel more comfortable, pm me and I will send you $20 each via paypal and once I decide on the winner I will send you the extra $10 to "officially" state you as the winner.

proteindude, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  8. tomeek

tomeek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats to finalists, great job guys :)

tomeek, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  9. Kia Ora

Kia Ora Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you very much proteindude!!! I'm working on the changes now.

Thanks so much tomeek!!

Kia

Kia Ora, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  10. Kia Ora

Kia Ora Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Let me know if the globe is too dark or if you need any changes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's sharp lookin'. :D

Kia Ora, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  11. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The color of the globe looks great. The whole design looks better. There is still two things:

-first one: can you perhaps add a thin red line in the upper part of the globe. The way it looks now it looks a little undefined because of the white part. The lower part of the globe is well defined (you can see the edge) because of that drop shadow effect, but the upper part does not have that effect.

-second and final change: with the font, can you make it just a touch sharper? I am not a designer but I remember a button somewhere in photoshop where you can still have the emboss effect but then you can sharpen it somehow. This is a small thing and if you can't do it because you don't understand what I mean it's ok and just leave the font as it is. This is only a small minor part.

I am still waiting for Adumant to reply. In any case, I will announce the winner of you two on Monday. Even if you both manage to do the changes today, I still need a couple of days to clear my mind and decide on a winner. Both your designs are great but there can only be one winner.

proteindude, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  12. VytasB

VytasB Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try : im new here, i cant put direct links...just remove the dot, please :)

h.ttp://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wordlcalassah5.jpg

VytasB, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi VytasB, thanks for the entry but this competition is nearly finished. I just have to choose between Adumant and KiaOra.

However, if I was to give you some feedback on your design, here it is: your design is a pleasant one but it also has some weak points. For example, the globe looks good but it is too big so it makes the design seem out of balance.

I like the way you separated the words protein and direct and that arrow also looks good. But the words world class proteins appear too small to be read. I was also after something red, but you used burgundy.

Overall, it is a pleasant design and I am sure you could improve it if I gave you more instructions, but unfortunately this competition is now closed.

proteindude, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  14. Kia Ora

Kia Ora Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Proteindude, I'm not sure about the sharpening choice in the embossing dialog box. Maybe someone can show me that.
    Anyway, here is a sample of the latest changes. On the first globe I gave it a radial in the white area.
    Also, the original file is 3 times bigger than what is shown.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kia Ora, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  15. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Kia, thanks for the great effort. Please give me a day or so (Tuesday at the very latest) so make up my mind. I love both your design and adamants. But I can only choose one. I even asked my designer (the guy that prints some labels for me) and he said (without me telling him) his top two designs are "that guy Kia and Adamant". Second prize winner will still get $20

And just one general question since I am not a designer: again, just generally speaking can you as a buyer modify the design afterwards? Say for example once I pay for the design, can I then change the colour of the text easily? Will the program allow me to do that? I guess the question is will I receive the design in layers or just as a single image?

proteindude, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  16. Cardiff_88

Cardiff_88 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Proteindude, I've not entered by I should be able to help you out with that. I suspect all the people on this topic if they won would give you a PSD, this means the text etc could be edited quickly using Adobe Photoshop, if you don't have it you can download a trail from Adobe website.

Cardiff_88, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for clearing that out Cardiff. Much appreciated. I thought that was the case with PSD but I found through experience it's always best to double check.

proteindude, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  18. Speno

Speno Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    you can modify it as long as the seller hasn't rasterized the layers ;) just remember that

Speno, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  19. Kia Ora

Kia Ora Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi proteindude. Cardiff88 is right. I give everything once payment is made. The photoshop file is editable to change colors, position and some type. The words PROTEIN DIRECT is an image and therefore cannot be modified except for changing color and adding effects. The reason for this is, I typed the text in Corel Draw and gave it an outline to get a thicker, wider look. Then I imported it into Photoshop. But I will let you know what font I used and you can have all the Corel Draw files that I created for this contest.

Amazing what your Label Printer said!! But I hope the logo, mine or Adamant's, is what YOU have envisioned from day one.

Hi Speno! :)

Kia Ora, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  20. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You could probably have gotten that effect using photoshop too mate!

DaveyBoy, Aug 12, 2007 IP