1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Logo Contest for eCommerce Website - $75 - 72 hours - Paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by FiberNautics LLC, Oct 31, 2016.

Hello, my business partner and I are starting an eCommerce store that will be selling in the “Man Cave” niche. The name of the website is TodaysManCave using the com domain. We hope to eventually be selling products such as large televisions, pool tables, wine coolers, dart boards, and kegerators. Things of that nature, that a male in the 35-44 age group with plenty of disposable income would be interested in. Our store will aimed at an upper middle class customers and thus needs to be branded to their tastes. Some keywords to use are elegant, upscale, modern, trendy, contemporary, stylish, and state of the art.

For the logo, we would like it to follow a few eCommerce good practices. Simple design, minimalistic, nothing too busy that would distract the customer from our store or brand. Large text in the logo to make it easier for mobile users to read it. A horizontal design to save page space for products images. A style that we have grown to like is a flat design with clever use of negative space to hide a secondary image. Also, include a symbol or icon which will later be used as a favicon. Two versions of the logo, one that works for dark backgrounds and one that works for bright backgrounds, is desired. And maybe a version using only the initials, TMC.

Logo should be delivered in standard formats(Ai, EPS, PDF, PNG, JPG) and the favicon separately. The winner of the contest will be announced within 72 hours unless specified. The winner will be contacted and payment will be made through paypal. We are looking for a graphic designer who is interested in an ongoing relationship with us. The winner will become our go to for all our graphic needs for this website and possibly our other projects in the future.

Attached below is the color palette we choose to use for this project. Please include the gold color, #ffce2b, in key elements that should pop. Linked here is also a google drive folder with some logos styles we have liked in the past.

Attached Files:

FiberNautics LLC, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  2. biscuitdzn

biscuitdzn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my entry :)
    [​IMG]

biscuitdzn, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  3. jnjnnino

jnjnnino Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try sir
    TodaysManCave.jpg

jnjnnino, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  4. johnrossgd

johnrossgd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try :)
    todaysmancave.png

johnrossgd, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  5. agenk

agenk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    TMC.png
    i hope you like it

agenk, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  6. logoesdesign

logoesdesign Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Design proposition.
    [​IMG]

logoesdesign, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  7. puttu

puttu Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

puttu, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  8. agenk

agenk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    TMC-TodaysManCave.jpg
    WALL Perview

agenk, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  9. FiberNautics LLC

FiberNautics LLC Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like the font used in the title and the way man is colored. I dislike the mustache in the mountain though. I understand where you are going but can you remove the mustache? I do not think it goes well with our brand image. For the symbol, try coming up with something more sophisticated but not to do with mustaches.

Of these three, my favorite is the first two. Maybe try combining the colors from 1 with the shape and man from 2. And try to keep it a little bit more simple. Something that would translate well to a favicon.

I like the direction you are going with this making the O into someone's head. Instead of a cave man, maybe go with someone more modern and sophisticated. And instead of a club, maybe he could be holding a pint glass or wine glass. And then make the symbol able to stand on its own like in a favicon.

I like how the M is stylized. Not sure what the circle above it is suppose to be though. Maybe add a little more definition to it? I see a lot of potential in this one though.

From a first glance, it seems a bit complicated. It takes a while to actually find all three letters. Maybe make it more minimalistic, cleaning up the letters. I like the idea of making the three letters into a symbol though.

I like how simple it is. Not sure what the symbol is suppose to be though. I see a chair when i first looked at it. Maybe change the center into something to do with someone lounging in his den or something. Also take off the rays off the circle. It makes look like a sun too much.

I like the symbol but seems a little too simple. Maybe stylized the letters a little more, but off to a good start.

I like the clean look of the 3 letters but again seems too simple. Add something to the letters to make it more than just large font.

Thank you everyone for the good start and the work done so far. Everyone's submission is looking promising and I look forward to future revisions.

FiberNautics LLC, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  10. johnrossgd

johnrossgd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for the feedback :) heres a rev, the circle on top makes it look like a man, and the M below the face signifies cave :)
    todaysmancave2.png

johnrossgd, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  11. logoesdesign

logoesdesign Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    New design. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

logoesdesign, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  12. Chapps

Chapps Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Couple of ideas..

[​IMG]

Chapps, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  13. FiberNautics LLC

FiberNautics LLC Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I really like your styling of the beer mug, but it's not clear what the half circle at the bottom of the mug is supposed to represent. Also, even though I like the mug, I'm not sure if I would would the logo to be centered specifically around beer since we will eventually be selling many other products that are not related to beer (TV, entertainments centers, pool tables, etc)

Is there a way that the beer mug could be combined with something else so that it is not the main focus of the logo? (also try taking out the half circle from the mug)

FiberNautics LLC, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  14. FiberNautics LLC

FiberNautics LLC Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It would also be better if "Todays Man Cave" was all on one line to make it more horizontal and maybe try making "man" and different color from the other 2 words

Also, I like the use of the negative space with the man figure, but so far only the example with the white back ground and black eyes look clear. Also we would prefer a figure of a man that looks more modern and not so much like a cave man.

Please take these suggestions into consideration. Good job so far!

15. FiberNautics LLC

FiberNautics LLC Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like that you have "todays man cave" all on one line and I think it is also good that you have the image in a circle to the left of the text, but I don't think it is clear what the person inside the circle is supposed to represent. I think it is some sort of explorer, but I'm not sure. It would be better to have something that repents more of a modern man, an everyday kind of person. Also, I like that the styling is simple, but it is a little too basic (example: have a triangle for the nose and line for the mouth)

But you're off to a good start

16. FiberNautics LLC

FiberNautics LLC Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The styling looks good, but it would be better if the image of the man was of a more modern man and not so much an actual cave man. It would also be better if the image was to the left of the text to make everything more horizontal or use a large half circle on top of a horizontal line with the text a little small and beneath the line (kind of like in the attached file)

Good work so far, I look forward to seeing your revisions

Attached Files:

Dreamer05 likes this.
  17. FiberNautics LLC

FiberNautics LLC Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good work so far, but I don't think it would be very clear what the image is supposed to represent. Could you use similar styling that you used in your lighter logo (file attached) and maybe do some sort of arm chair/sofa and a modern man?

Good work, I look forward to seeing your revisions

Attached Files:

johnrossgd likes this.
  18. FiberNautics LLC

FiberNautics LLC Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I really like the styling of the text that you have and that you have the initials/ line/ full name, but it needs something more, I would like something more than just text. Maybe something like a Simple/flat image of a sofa/arm chair to the right of the text.

Good work so far, I look forward to seeing your revisions

agenk likes this.
  19. biscuitdzn

biscuitdzn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here are my revisions based on your recent feedback :) :
    [​IMG][​IMG]