1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Logo Contest $30 Winner Take All Aiming For 48hrs Only

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Feb 6, 2013.

1. V0ltaG3

V0ltaG3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Thanks for the feedback

v0ltaG3 Deigns,

V0ltaG3, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  2. oliv3r

oliv3r Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my entry :)
    [​IMG]

Regards, Oli

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    oliv3r, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok, first of all when I give a like to a logo that is because I appreciate your entry not because I necessarily like your logo better than other submitted logos.

logoedesign: I appreciate the effort but I don't think it's heading in the right direction. It isn't as bold as I would like it to be and also I prefer a blue and yellow only colour scheme (yours also contains black)

oliv3r: thanks for the entry. I had a look at your portfolio and I must say you are one very talended dude. But I do have a problem with your logo: while it looks great, it is a very pleasant and stylish logo as the people in your country would say: "nu se potriveste cu ceea ce vreau", or in other words it is not suitable. Because I do not want any symbols in this logo or if you do use a symbol it must be from letters not from a shape of a human being (BTW, nice drawing of a muscle man). So great work but it's not suitable. I need something bold, clean, simple and with a small twist to make it unique and brandable.

proteindude, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  4. oliv3r

oliv3r Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    New entry:
    [​IMG]

Regards,
    Oli

oliv3r, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  5. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry oliv3r, but I think you rushed a little with this entry. In this entry I do not see the creativity and the great style I see in all your portfolio logos. Also the logo/font isn't bold. If you try again please make sure you use something bolder and also just a suggestion, you can also try lower case letters.
    ----

I think I must also draw this to a close. Usually I pick some finalists and then I let the finalists decide if they do the suggested changes in order to win or they leave their logo as it is. Anyone else is welcome to submit more entries but at least you now know which entries you should try to beat if you do decide to enter this contest.

I would like to end this contest in no more than 24hrs from this post.

So here are the finalists:

Finalist #1: V0ltaG3 post #27: I like this one the best. It's bold, it's clean, it's simple and also brandable. The only "problem" with it (and please excuse my silliness) is those sharp looking effects on the s and also n make me think of some devil's horns. So I am not sure if there is something else you can do to this logo to keep it as it is and yet modify it somehow so the "devil's horns" dissapear. It's a tough one because those "devil's horns" is in a sense what gives this logo its uniqueness.

Finalist #2: coolwanz post #34: I like it but like I said, there is some empty space between the blue lines and the logo. Could you fill up that space with yellow? I guess, one of the aims with this logo is to have a "full" logo so that if I put it on any colour background it won't affect the logo because the logo already has it's own complete "background" so it's unaffected. I hope I'm making sense.

Once again, anyone else is welcome to submit their entries but if you do, please note the two finalists above and try to beat their entries (I want something bold, simple, stylish and brandable).

I will be off for a while (need to get some rest) but I will come back with feedback or to pick a winner (I always chose a winner in all my contests).

proteindude, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    coolwanz likes this.
  6. coolwanz

coolwanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the feedback, PD. -)

Here is the revision:

[​IMG]

coolwanz, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  7. V0ltaG3

V0ltaG3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback .
    [​IMG]

v0ltaG3 Deigns,

V0ltaG3, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  8. opticalpigion

opticalpigion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

opticalpigion, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    In about a couple of hours from now I am going to declare coolwanz the winner unless I get some new and better entries in the meantime.

V0ltaG3: thanks for the new entry but somehow I feel like you have taken a step backwards. at the same time I think it could just be my silly obsession about the previous logo which I think it looked better than the last one.

opticalpigion: thank you for the new one but while it looks bold I still feel it's a bit plain

proteindude, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok talented people. It's time to choose a winner. Thank you to everyone that participated. The winner is coolwanz. Please pm me your paypal account so I can send you the payment (I may have to do it in the morning my time because right now I'm off to bed).

proteindude, Feb 9, 2013 IP
    coolwanz likes this.