1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LOGO contest $20. I will pick 2 winners. Each winner gets $20 via paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Mar 1, 2008.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    matchstick: #13 Definitely an improvement. I think with the new shape Government Approved stands out a lot more which is a positive.

xaralee: thanks for entering this. I must say, that is a great concept. Very creative and very appropriate. However, while I like the concept I am not so sure about the execution of this concept. I think the way you positioned the box and the thickness of the black square makes it a little hard to read. Also the white part of the box is a little hard to see. I am not asking for changes because I only do that when I choose the finalists but I think it's a great concept but a little too crowded/complex. It would need to be simplified

jitenw: thanks for giving this a try but I am not sure what that middle icon is trying to represent.

tgriff: thanks for the submissions. They look good but I am not sure about the stars. I just don't think the stars are suitable. Also on another issue: I love Ohio. I've been to Columbus for the Arnold Fitness Expo (biggest expo in USA) and Ohio is a magnificent state. Maybe next year I will also go to Sandusky. You're a very blessed dude to live in such a great state.

Patricksia: thanks for the entries. I like them all. I am not sure about why you used a postal stamp but regardless, they look good. I like the bottom one as well even though I think it could be done in such a way that it "flows" better together. I will only ask for some changes once I decide on the finalists but all of them look good.

turns, thanks for the new entry but I think it's now a little too complex and hard to read.

watari, thanks for giving this a try. To be honest I only like the middle one and the only thing I don't like is the colour of the map of Australia. The way it is now it looks a little faded and I don't like the colour you chose. Maybe it didn't even need a fully coloured map but just a hollow map with just an outline.

There is a lot of talented dudes and dudettes here at dp. I certainly got a lot of great entries and also some that have potential. I think I will either announce the winners tomorrow or at least decide on the finalists. Thanks again.

proteindude, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  2. Gorgon

Gorgon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Gorgon, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Gordon: thanks for entering this. I think the logos you submitted are too big somehow and need to be more compact. I also am not sure about the way you wrote government approved. It seems hard to read because of the effect at the beginning and at the end of the two words. the squarish shape of the map also doesn't do it for me. Once again, thanks for entering this but not really going in the right direction.

4. neilparnham

neilparnham Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

neilparnham, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  5. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

[​IMG]

watari, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    neil: thanks for entering this. Let me first of all say I saw some of the logos you did and I really like your style. I appreciate you entering this. What you did looks good and stylish but I am not sure they are suitable. Even though I can make up whatever design I want I feel like your designs do not fully represent the government approved image I am trying to create. While stylish, both entries need to look more conservative. I hope you understand what I mean.

watari: thanks for the new tries. Agai, the middle one is the one that grabs me the most but I am not sure about the colour you used. Looks a little faded. Great concept but unfortunately the competition is really tough and it will make it hard to choose a winner. I also like the bottom one but I think you used the wrong choice of font as I need something more conservative looking.

I am off to work for now but will come back about 12 hrs from this post with the finalists or perhaps even the winners.

Thanks again for the great effort.

7. turns

turns Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A few modifications.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

turns, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  8. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    other colors

[​IMG]

watari, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey guys, thanks for the new entries. I am ready to pick one winner. The first winner is RNHalawi. My wife liked your entry and after the beating I received in the last contest where she liked your header the best and yet I chose Davey Boy, well...let's just say I don't want to go through that again. So please pm me so I can send you the payment.

As for the second winner, this is a little tough. So here's what I am going to do. I am going to let you know which ones I like the best and then it's up to you if you want to do the changes. Once the changes are done by the willing participants I will then choose the second winner.

Securewebdev: I like your entry and I am just wondering if it's possible to see it in red where government approved is in a slightly larger font and then have it in reverse. In other words the background will be red and the letters white.

Patricksia: I like all your entries at #18. But I need to see the first two without the actual postal stamp. I also like the concept of the bottom one (third) but it doesn't seem to flow together somehow. So it's up to you which of these you want to do if you're still in this of course.

watari: if you can do the middle one at #25 to appear like a stamp I think that also has a great chance.

Thanks to everyone who participated and even though you are not one of the finalists I also want to take turns for the positive attitude. I think this is my third contest turns entered where he did not win.

proteindude, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  10. Patricksia2007

Patricksia2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your consideration.
    I have taken out the postal stamp...

See:

[​IMG]

Patricksia2007, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  11. Patricksia2007

Patricksia2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Refined 3rd logo...

[​IMG]

Cheers!

12. RNHalawi.com

RNHalawi.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wow thanks mate...!! payment received!! =)

RNHalawi.com, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Patricksia, thanks for the new submissions/changes. I am sorry to dissapoint you but after you've done the changes I am more inclined to go with either watari or secure. Thank you again for taking part in this contest.

14. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well done RN and it does indeed show that perseverence counts!! Sorry I have not entered this one Julian, just up to my neck this week! Looks like you have some nice entries though and personally Watari's is my favourite. I agree it would look great with a stamp effect and rotated slightly.

Good job everyone on PD's quickest contest yet! ;)

DaveyBoy, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  15. Patricksia2007

Patricksia2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No problem at all! :)
    Good luck to Securewebdev and watari.

Cheers!
    Patrick

16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sure DaveyBoy. You were....busy :rolleyes: Is that the British way of saying the prize is too small so I am not going to enter:confused:

I am just joking guv ;) :D

I know what it's like to be busy. But hey, in all honesty I must say I got some very suitable entries. I think the key in this contest was not the best looking logo but which logo conveyed the "Government Approved" message. Whether it will be watari or secure, I am sure I will get another very suitable logo.

Patricksia, thanks for the positive attitude and good luck with your other contests.

17. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    update ....

[​IMG]

watari, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  18. RNHalawi.com

RNHalawi.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

yeah mate... very well said! thanks.. =) :)
    Julian thanks for the 2nd deal... also thanks to your wife.... =)

RNHalawi.com, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    watari, thanks for the new entries/changes. Looking good. I need to get some rest now but I still need to wait for secureweb's entry before I decide on the winner. I'll be back soon.

20. SecureWebDev

SecureWebDev Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ill have my entry by the end of today. I am in america so the timing might be different.
    Thanks - Khaled

SecureWebDev, Mar 3, 2008 IP