1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Login in with Wordpress username even if self hosting

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by newimaging, Dec 22, 2010.

A lot of sites that I want to leave comments on let one log-in via a wordpress username.
    But I am hosting my own wordpress site, is there a way to connect the wordpress.com with the one hosted on my own server so I can log in that way, or should I just use my name and e-mail or the google account. Whats better for rankings ?

Thanks,

Christian

newimaging, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  2. atnews

atnews Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest you to use twitter and facebook login because it will increase your traffic. when some one login to post comment via his twitter or facebook username, the comment will also be posted on this wall. If you want to use this option, use disqus or intense debate comments plugin.

atnews, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  3. daljit

daljit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you may have use social site(facebook,twitter) to per-mote your site.

daljit, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  4. newimaging

newimaging Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, I installed the "disqus" and am trying it out. Looks great so.

newimaging, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  5. atnews

atnews Peon

Best Answers:
    ya its look great.

atnews, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter for rankings. Just comment naturally on blogs that you actually read. It doesn't matter how you log in.
    Everything doesn't have a special angle to work.

hmansfield, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  7. newimaging

newimaging Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as there is a way to leave your website URL within the comment submission right ? Sometimes they don`t ask for your URL, just a name, or it says that your e-mail won`t be shown, and it doesn`t create a hyperlink. So if I in those cases put my URL into the post itself, just by typing it in, will it help the rankings, or do I have o include HTML markers. I don`t think most comment boxes let you do that.

newimaging, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  8. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    If you try typing your URL into the comment field your comment will never see the light of day because the webmaster will immediately delete your comment as a spammer.
    Comment on blogs that you actually read and leave comments that add to the discussion or you will just be wasting your time. You can't use comment boxes as just a place to drop a link. Everyone is looking for comment spammers these days.
    This is old news.

hmansfield, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  9. newimaging

newimaging Peon

Best Answers:
    My wife looks for articles, and then writes a new article that expands on the subject. I then take the first parts of her new article and make a comment out of it, hopefully with embedded link in the name so it links to our new article. Definably good and new content. Some sites just only do anonymous or no link comments, so we just skip those all together.

newimaging, Dec 25, 2010 IP