1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Locked Out Of Hosting Because Too Much Traffic

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by gang3, May 19, 2010.

1. conox

conox Peon

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is good, a good alternative would be some hosting from theplanate, htye have small dedi. servers which may work well for your websites, some will say it is overkill with a dedi. server, but you have 9 websites and hopefully they soon will get tons of visitors.

conox, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. Groovystar

Groovystar Peon

Best Answers:
    The Planet's had a lot of downtimes in the past bunch of months. I would stay away from them.

Groovystar, May 27, 2010 IP
  3. Internal09

Internal09 Member

Best Answers:
    Try 1AND1 They have great products and affordable and strong dedicated servers.

- Mike

Internal09, May 27, 2010 IP
  4. 24788

24788 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unlimited means = read the TOS or Policies.

Unlimited mostly means = Unlimited for personal blogs (smaller - medium)

Once you get big enough it's time you got your own server for the most part or a bigger host.

24788, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  5. gang3

gang3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Update Sorry Took So Long Have since moved to Hostgator, Much better they finally let me in to retrieve my files and such. And After I moved they rebilled me, Funny. But Got It taken care of. Dont go near hostso if you are serious about your web presence. They locked me out for a total of 5 full days. I Dont care how cheap or how expensive you pay you should receive, And If problems occur you should get warnings
    not shut 0ff without notice in middle of ad campaign makes you look like a fool driving traffic to a site unavailable.
    gang3

gang3, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  6. ez760

ez760 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hostgator claims unlimited, and like others say there is no such thing as unlimited, I believe thats true, but I have had excessive traffic with hostgator and they have yet to lock me out, although I have heard of some cases couple years back of hostgator kicking people out of there server due to a large amount of traffic, another option is a dedicated server which will allow you all the traffic you want I believe, then again, that could get pretty expensive. Sorry to hear you got locked out and Good luck!

ez760, Jun 20, 2010 IP