1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

location of VPS

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by sindhuxyz, Mar 22, 2011.

Hi,

Is there effect of location of VPS? I have global market with majority from USA, if I get server in UK or get server in USA, how it can effect my SEO?

I have 2 options for server now(Both in USA):

Nevada
    Pennsylvania

Are above locations fine or which one is better?

Thanks

sindhuxyz, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  2. WebIntellects - Rob

WebIntellects - Rob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that it will be much more reasonable to choose server location close to the target location of your audience.. it can be good for speed connectivity, etc.

WebIntellects - Rob, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  3. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, if most of my traffic came from the US I would get a server located there.

l234244, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  4. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    Yes, the location will matter, especially if you want to target the US audiences.
    If you target them from UK server, let alone the site load time, pinging to the server ip will even have delays.

I can't say for sure which one will be better because roughly it's east and west coast.
    Since you will be targeting the whole US market, it shouldn't matter.

However,
    1.If you know for sure west coast will mostly have more audiences for your service or product, it's best to go for Neveda (once again for speed/connectivity issue).
    2. You should go for the provider that sound more promising in giving you quality service rather than just talks (or posts with pretty graphics and made up statistics :p ).

Furthermore, I would like to suggest Amazon CDN http://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/.
    I am using it in conjunction with my site.
    No need to upload anything, it has the PULL Content feature.
    After you have it configured and done necessary changes, it will auto cache the contents and server from the nearest Amazon server at the nearest city of the visitor of your site.
    It is worth of the cost too.
    First 10 TB / month $0.150 / GB $0.150 / GB $0.190 / GB $0.201 / GB
    Per 10,000 HTTP requests $0.0075 $0.0090 $0.0090 $0.0095
    *Note: You can't use your server address through Amazon contorl panel but you can do so using CloudBerry Explorer software.

kaung, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The loading time of the website is not noticeable because its only slower than 190 ns.

My advise is you can choose any host at UK as long as the connectivity to US is ok.

mentos, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  6. Sushantg

Sushantg Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is better to have VPS server location in US.

Sushantg, Apr 1, 2011 IP