1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Locate IP address from street address

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daisy010, Jan 27, 2012.

Hi, not sure if I'm posting in the right section...but I'm trying to find out how many IP addresses are located at a specific street address...any ideas on where I can find this info?

Also if you think my post should be somewhere else on the site, I welcome the advice

Thanks

Daisy010, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  2. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no real way to figure this out. If you live in a small rural area, where there's only a few homes, then assuming that everyone has internet, you could estimate the number of different IP addresses. However, if you're talking about a city street with several homes/buildings, I don't think its possible.

5starpix, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  3. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are very specific about the IP addresses in a particular area, you can contact the ISPs but I am afraid how far they will be cooperative.

dairyman, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  4. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know how to locate the IP address in the street lever, but there is an option to find it. Firstly located the IP (belongs to which city and ISP) and then do contact with ISP, for more specific details like street or area address.

smileverse, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  5. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can trace someone's street address using IP address. That violates privacy of user.

nihangshah, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  6. kingwinbond

kingwinbond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    IPS are not allocated streetwise . A range of IPs is allocated to a particular ISP and then the ISP distributes it .

kingwinbond, Feb 17, 2012 IP