1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Local seo - why do you have to do it?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Fedora 45, Jul 28, 2020.

Local SEO is a branch of Search Engine Marketing (SEO) and Local Marketing dedicated to local businesses such as restaurants and shops, professionals who offer their services locally. In fact, Local SEO brings together all those actions, tools and strategies that aim to improve the visibility and availability of a local business among the search results of Google and other minor search engines.

46% of mobile searches on Google are local.

50% of these searches lead to a visit to a store in the 24 hours following the search. (Source Hub Spot)

Between 2015 and 2017 (Google data) searches for phrases containing the words "near me" grew by over 150%

These numbers confirm a very important trend that must make us understand how important it is nowadays to do Local SEO to increase sales and the number of customers of your local business.

To start doing SEO Local for your business you cannot ignore owning, optimizing and managing a Google My Business listing.

Google My Business is a tool of great importance made available free of charge by Google for all owners of a business locally. In fact, My Business allows you to create a profile of your business that is shown within the search results "at the exact moment when users search for your business or similar activities on Google Search or Google Maps".

Within the My Business tab we can enter all the essential information of our company:

Company name
    Main and secondary category of belonging
    Address and contact details
    Area of competence
    Opening and closing times (including "special" days)
    Telephone number
    Website
    Offered services
    A brief description of your business
    Photos and images of interiors, exteriors, staff and even the menu
    Update post
    Once the information on our business has been correctly and completely filled in, Google allows us to create a mini-site containing all this information.

Google has three important criteria for choosing which My Business listings to display between search results and Google Maps:

Distance: First, Google tracks where the search is carried out and tends to show the results closest to the user at that time
    Relevance: This second factor is used to identify the results most in line with the request made
    Evidence: Finally, the reputation and authoritativeness of the business is assessed, often based on the number and quality of reviews obtained.
    To improve the visibility of the My Business card it will be equally important to always get new reviews. These in fact represent one of the main ranking factors of Local SEO.

On the web there are several local seo-themed articles, for example this, I don't know the team behind it so I recommend you to use it for information purposes. :)

Fedora 45, Jul 28, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01 likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    did you just post someone else's article and then claim you don't know if it is any good?

sarahk, Jul 28, 2020 IP
  3. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I want to get few things ... Are you asking or letting us know about Local SEO process and importance ??

If you are giving us details information that means Listing on Google My Business is first and last option for Local Business ??

I think you should change title to "How to list your business to Google My Business" because there are many more factors which can effects local SEO like Business listing in Bing ...... Create professional page at Facebook, Linkedin and more related platform with same and exact information. Mean to say if you are using address "Streat ABC at washington, USA" at Google my business and at Facebook business page "Streat GHI at washington, USA" then its also effect your local citation and not good for local SEO. There are many more things to do to improve local SEO and ranking.

I think you are describing about only one section of Local SEO chapter ......... Need to learn more about it.

seomanualsubmission, Jul 28, 2020 IP
  4. Fedora 45

Fedora 45 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, actually I was going to insert a link in the word "this" that would lead to a site that publishes weekly local seo content, but I have never heard of the site owners and most importantly I forgot to insert the link.
    My fault :(
    surely I wrote this short article (if we can call it that) and I have not copied anyone

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Fedora 45, Jul 29, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01 likes this.
  5. Fedora 45

Fedora 45 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know but my point wasn't explaining everything about it but only make someone curios about the topic,
    in fact at the end I invite readers to go and read the various articles on the web, if my intention had been to explain everything about the local seo not all of this would not make much sense.
    I also agree with you on the fact that i need to learn more about it because this kind of topics are in constant evolution.

Fedora 45, Jul 29, 2020 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    This is a forum for internet marketers. You don't need to make us "curious about the topic", we're already committed to becoming experts.

sarahk, Jul 29, 2020 IP
  7. Fedora 45

Fedora 45 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not said that everyone must know everything, plus anyone who is not registered can view this topic

Fedora 45, Jul 30, 2020 IP
  8. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Just a question guys, it may be silly I know, can you link an online business to Google My Business? or is it available only for local ــphiscal if I can sayــ businesses?

Ayoub benali01, Aug 11, 2020 IP
  9. shamimfresh105

shamimfresh105 Peon

Best Answers:
    if your all customer and business in locally then you can do local SEO.
    And you can use the local keywords for your site ranking.
    so for local businesses local SEO is the best.

shamimfresh105, Aug 9, 2021 IP
  10. etdigitalmarketing

etdigitalmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Local SEO is a subsection where a major focus is on a geographical element of the search. With local SEO, you can optimize the website for local search results that may not only increase visibility but also provide an opportunity to convert prospects into customers.
    With Local SEO, you can build reliability and give genuine signals around specific geographical locations.

etdigitalmarketing, Jul 4, 2022 IP