1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Local SEO Tricks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Charlie Apple, Sep 7, 2013.

I was hired a few months ago and have been doing the fulfilment on reputation management and Local SEO. I knew a bit before (which is how I got the job in the first place!) but I have learned quite a bit since.

So, I would humbly like to show you what I know in hopes that it will be of value to you.

Local SEO
    Local SEO information is out there and what I do will probably not be ground breaking news to you. But here are a few things I do that you might not have thought of...

Unique things we do
    - When we connect their Google authorship we photoshop the picture to have a yellow background. This is very attention grabbing in the search results, its almost like an ad!

- We do an interview with the client and chop up the video into smaller pieces to target the same local seo keywords we are targeting but get this.. we take the same picture we used for the G authorship. I add the same picture with yellow background and add 5 orange stars and make this the youtube thumbnail. In many search results the companies map listing will show up, their website with authorship picture will show up and a youtube result will show up with the same picture as thumbnail!!!

Reputation Management
    We always look at this first, before we do Local SEO. We take on local businesses and do local seo for them but there is no point in doing local seo and broadcasting there business to the Internet if no one is say good things about them. If people have left good reviews (3.5 stars +) then we move on to local seo. The bulk of what I do is the following:

- Custom company review landing page (so you can filter out the bad review and keep the 4 star + reviews)

- Posting filtered good reviews to directories

- streaming 5 star reviews to companies homepage

- Make business cards/ post cards for the business to hand to their customers to encourage them to review the company on the landing page (freebie incentive on cards)

We use Local Marketing Genius by David Sprague. After that we up-sell client on local SEO.

-Charlie

Charlie Apple, Sep 7, 2013 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  2. Lasse Nielsen

Lasse Nielsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Really great info. Local SEO is a highly effective form of local online marketing. It allows local businesses to promote their services to local customers at exactly the time they’re looking for your type of business. Local SEO is Important because,

• It brings organic local traffic
    • Your website loading time will be fast
    • Your sell is increased
    • Your brand visibility will increase
    • It costs less. Anyway thanks for your excellent share. Have a nice day :)

Lasse Nielsen, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good info about LOCAL SEO!

I just can't understand this:
    Posting filtered good reviews to directories

What do you mean? Should we post to WEB directories or ARTICLE directories? ;)

patco, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  4. Charlie Apple

Charlie Apple Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Patco

You post them to local directories (not article directories) such as yelp, hotfrog, yellowpages, yellowbook, citysearch, google + business page etc

The strategy is that you beat the reviewer to these directories with the landing page directory so you can filter it (disregard the bad reviews and post the good ones, 4-5 star reviews only) It is totally legit, the landing page I use has a disclaimer that we have the right to repost their review. We only repost the review once on one directory.

Charlie Apple, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  5. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post, you have shared really good information. It will be helpful while doing local SEO. http://www.easymedianetwork.com/services.html

emn, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  6. MDanish

MDanish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice, But i have a question for you, the most important part of Local SEO is NAP(Name, Address, Place).if you do Citation with shorter address like 2303 W Devon Ave,as i did lots of Citation with this address apparently when search on Google Map they showed up a full address 2303 West Devon Avenues and same goes with number is use to type 7732375466 and in G it appear as (773) 237-5466.They count both as a different NAP because of this my page not appear in Local Listing.(Correct me if i'm wrong)

Can you help me in this, what do i do to resolve this

MDanish, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  7. Charlie Apple

Charlie Apple Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need to make citations exactly as it appears on Google business page/Google places page. I have actually made this mistake myself and it sucks but you have to got back to each directory and change it to 2303 West Devon Avenues.

The phone number numbers need to be correct and exactly the same but the symbols dont matter ex: ( ) -. Each directory is different and might not allow you to do those symbols so google doesnt count this.

Also make sure the URL on google page is matching on the directories. When I went back to each directory and changed the address and same phone number the client started showing up on the map, so go back to each directory, make those changes and they should start appearing on the map for in general and for different keywords.

Charlie Apple, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  8. MDanish

MDanish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    can you do me a favour because on G+ page the address appear is shorter, also when we search this address on Google Map then it appear in full form.

Google+ Page
    Check: https://plus.google.com/107203621011221803559

MDanish, Sep 12, 2013 IP