1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Local Pennsylvania site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JV35, May 13, 2020.

I swear I am having the hardest time trying to come up with ways to market this. www.patimber.com . No, I'm not a logger lol done it while working/helping my buddy for whom this site is intended to find leads for. It was fun but yeah, I need a mouse in my hand, not a chainsaw lol anyways. The deal is he gives me 20% of his income from each timber harvest client that I bring to him, not a bad deal when you factor in his cut from each sale I've ever seen is 18k++ and thats AFTER loggers get their checks.

Now, I have come up with these ideas to push the site. I realize that this is SUPER targeted, there can't be that many people in Pennsylvania searching the internet for people to harvest their woodlot or make a new food plot or have a log truck drop a load of firewood logs. But there are some and he'll go all over PA so these are the ways I've come up with so far.

1: Build a site. Check

2:Look for local places to post listings to. I tried this and didn't find anything and when I tried to post to craigslist its like instantly deleted I assume by a competitor.

3: Make and either post flyers locally or just drive around put flyers/brochures in mailboxes of people that have large tracts of land in a 200 mile radius lol

4: find online places where people with land might hang out. I couldn't find anything like that. I suppose I could look for hunting forums.

Do you have any other ideas? Something I may not have thought of, looked at or a resource I may not have found?

JV35, May 13, 2020 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If I am reading your post correctly you have the potential to earn $3,600 per sale that you send to your buddy. If that is correct, it means that you can afford to do a bit more than just market; you can engage in sales activities and still make a good profit. What I mean is that you should be thinking about reaching out to good prospects beyond just leaving flyers in their mailboxes.

I would consider doing some research into real estate records to find owners of large tracts of forestland. You should be able to search by geography and then size of the tract. Armed with information on the owners of these properties, I would be looking to call, email, snail mail, etc., to educate and engage with these prospects from multiple angles.

jrbiz, May 13, 2020 IP
    JV35 and qwikad.com like this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    1. The site (the theme) may need some updating. Looks like it was built a long time ago (or the theme is from way back when).
    2. It depends on your ad. Listing the URL, using sentences that may make it sound like spam will get your ad down rather quickly. I'd advertise it with a phone number like you would a local business, and rather than listing the site link, I'd set up a facebook business page and try listing the page instead. By the way do you have a facebook business page?
    3. Flyers, business cards do work but it's a slow and tedious way to reach your target market, imo.
    4. Again, if anything the people you're looking for are hanging out on facebook.

qwikad.com, May 13, 2020 IP
    JV35 and jrbiz like this.