1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Local Marketing for hairdresser

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Scrfc71, Mar 6, 2019.

Hello, I need your tips, maybe someone can help me.

I'm looking for ways to advertise locally.

I own a hairdresser's in a small town (40k. inhabitants). I also offer some beauty services.

Currently I have an Instagram account with about 400 followers.

What is the best way to achieve more range? What tips would you give me? Should I also create a website?

Or any other advices?
    Thank you in advance.

Scrfc71, Mar 6, 2019 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You should absolutely put up a website. However, for a local business, I often recommend offline marketing.

E.g., have a customer referral program in which any of your current customers that brings in a new client, gets 25% off their next visit. Nothing like word of mouth referrals to generate more business.

Or, how about a special coupon that offers a discount for first-time customers? You could print up a bunch of them and have them handed out at events, in shopping centers, etc.

I would also consider contacting your local newspaper and see if they will do a story on you and your business. If the story includes the fact that you have a New Customer discount, it could generate quite a bit of business for you.

If you have some marketing funds to invest, brief radio advertising spots can be really cheap. Offer a New Customer discount program as part of your ad and it should drive some new traffic to your salon.

jrbiz, Mar 6, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    • I go to a pub quiz night and in the shops by the pub there is a hairdresser and a barber owned by the same person. They gave out a coupon to the team with the highest points over a 10 week period. So for 10 weeks they had their name promoted to over 100 people for the cost of half a colour & cut. Find similar events and repeat.
    • Join your local BNI group
    • You only need a simple website that can promote your work - but look at getting it from a service like https://www.gettimely.com/ where customers can make their own bookings. If I'm tossing up two similar companies I'll pick the one that makes it easy for me to book in and won't have me on hold while a frantic receptionist juggles payments, customers, and phone calls.

sarahk, Mar 6, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. Salman Saleem

Salman Saleem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Start with simple steps
    1. Create a facebook page.
    2. Head over to canva(dot)com and create a cool logo for your page
    3. Make some content post for your page
    4. Treat your facebook page as your business landing so put content accordingly
    5. Next, create a stunning video(this may cost you but its worth it) showing before coming to your hairdresser and then after leaving your hairdresser
    6. On that video, create a campaign in facebook and set your target audience accordingly, such as age group,location etc. you can even target your competitor audience as well
    7. Grow audience on your page and gather as much leads as you can
    8. Once you start growing then create a website

Salman Saleem, Mar 6, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. Scrfc71

Scrfc71 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey,

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

As already mentioned, there is currently an instagram group (400 followers).

Therefore I will first create an attractive logo and a homepage where you can book by yourself.

Afterwards I will post more and more on instagram AND Facebook. At the same time I can distribute coupons or the like.

My problem is that the market volume (max. 40K people) is hard to handle.
    Therefore I look for alternative possibilities. For example, we also offer services such as:

- teeth bleaching
    - laser technology etc. on

Any other tipps?

Scrfc71, Mar 7, 2019 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    First, yours is not a small town, it's mid-sized. Lots of potential. Large, visible signs that one can't miss should help you a lot. Insta and a business website are important, but what's really important is visible, in-your-face signs, possibly off the interstate / main highway, close to the shop (in the general plaza) and on the shop.

qwikad.com, Mar 7, 2019 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There is no way I'd go to a hairdresser for laser treatment or teeth bleaching.
    If you want to diversify look at a nail bar, spray tans, and waxing.

Don't underestimate the effort involved in making your own booking website - buy a script or a service rather than DIY

sarahk, Mar 7, 2019 IP