1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Living with AdSense Revenue

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by brucesinner, Jun 7, 2005.

How many of you only lives with AdSense Revenue ?

Who quit the job and invested all free time in improving your web site to boost AdSense performance ?

And who lives in another country other than USA and received Google's check via mail correctly ?

thanks

brucesinner, Jun 7, 2005 IP
    killabyte likes this.
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    You're a robbing scammer so I hope you get kicked out today and never get close to earning a lollypop frmo AdSense.

T0PS3O, Jun 7, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  3. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    Awww and he spent all that time adding an avatar

*still waving*

Critters, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  4. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you could retire on $0.03 a day, even in Brazil?

Cheers
    BP

blackpudding, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  5. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    He is a real scammer... thats what I see from ur thread link... whooo..

maverick, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  6. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully you will be kicked out before you get your first check. For the benefit of others, I do know people who make a living out of adsense. However adsense is like a rollercoaster, earnings go up and down. You could get kicked out. The people who live off adsense normally have other means of profit eg Affliate Programmes.

Edit: 100th Post :D

SHT, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  7. brucesinner

brucesinner Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh my.

Never be so offended in my life.

Clicked my own ads for 3 days, after months running the program, trying to see what happens and what difference it makes and ppl come offend me this way?

Aren't you ashamed of this ?

I'm ashamed of what i did and if you look at the given topic I already said EXCUSE a few times and asked for information and tips and so on.

Repeating myself again, I was a totally n00b at this and didnt know what I was really doing and the consequences. If i knew i wouldnt come here and admit what I did and ask for explanation.

It is like a very small child who push the gun trigger and kill his brother. Was he worng. SURE. But he didnt knwo what he was doing.

Excuse once again, could you do the same and at least delete the offending post ?

tom22 likes this.
  8. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Jesus Christ Guys. You're like a pack of vultures. I know it's frustrating as an Adwords advertiser to see money down the drain, but there's no need to hound the guy to death. It wasn't malicious what he did, and he says he's learnt the lesson. Can't you let it lie?

He understands the sin now. Have you guys never made mistakes?

Cheers

Chris

blackbug, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  9. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    ...although, that said. Bruce, take the "CLIQUEM NOS ADS DO GOOGLE PARA AJUDAR O SITE" off your site, fer Christ's sake!!!

blackbug, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    He didn't say 'Excuse' until post 19.

If you feel offended by us stating facts, even though repetitively, tough shit. Nothing has been said that should be deleted.

And LOL in despair, Blackbug now also find a 'click my ads' on his site.

Bruce is far from innocent. I don't care what you think of me.

Anyway, he probably gets the message by now. I'm done with this case of time and money wasting.

T0PS3O, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  11. brucesinner

brucesinner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all Black Bug, I will first read the entire TOS and then remove the line you said. I didnt know too that it cant be there. Probably because i didnt read the damn fucking TOS :)

Now all time in my life will be reading all TOS i encounter hehehe.

Its nice to see some comprehensive ppl around here.

May I post some topics in the future with some doubts i still have ? Or ppl will flame me again to death ?

And what about THIS topic, someone has something else to say about its original subject?

I really want to know if its possible to live only with AdSense revenue for a long time, or noone did it.

Thanks

12. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you read up a few posts, you will see my reply to your original question.

SHT, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  13. brucesinner

brucesinner Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah SHT, i read. I just wanted to hear from more people.

Thanks for your reply. ;)

14. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    SHT, Jun 7, 2005 IP
    tradefor likes this.
  15. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1: You are not suppose to click on your own ads.
    2: find a way to explain that it was a learning phase?
    3: If you are not sure what adsense is why did you placed the ads in your site?
    4: are you a webmaster or visitor?
    5: becuase you do this and get away and one day a honest webmaster click on the ad by mistake and who knows get, kicked off from adsense program?
    6: On top of that you come and post and ask others about they live on this program or not? what do you know how much pain we get in just to make few $$? from adsense to clear "Site Bills", and you scam?
    SHAME ON YOU!

Imran, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  16. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the things that no one actually seems to notice is that the adsense TOS could be construed as a legally binding contract - by going against the TOS, you could in theory find yourself in court. Excuse and sorry might just not cut it then. As for the boy who pulled the trigger - yes, if it was my son who was killed he'd better get locked up for a f'in long time 'cos if I remember who he is when he came out it would be a case of and eye for an eye.
    There is a saying that 'Ignorance is not an excuse'.

As to can any one live off adsense - yes, some do. But only a fool (or someone in a desperate situation) would rely on it as their only source of income.

jlawrence, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  17. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    All TOS violations you've done put aside, although I don't think Google will just "put them aside" you probably wont get any more responses about this topic.

SHT said it pretty well and I think that is the best answer.

There are plenty of people making enough of AdSense to "live off of" but you should never put all your faith in one program.

The Internet is a great tool for allowing programs like AdSense to be so easily utilized, but it's that ease that also makes it so easy to take away. ;)

Diversify. Don't make sites just for AdSense, make them for the sake of good valuable content, and just add AdSense on to that.

It sounds like you are new to all this, so I'd troll the boards a bit and find out what plan is best for your site. Or what plan you'd like to have and build a quality web site that can facilitate that. Just remember that informational web sites were created first, THEN came the avenue of making money from them.

Read, read, and read the TOS. :D
    Good luck and be careful.

Such Great Heights, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  18. brucesinner

brucesinner Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips Such Great Heights.

I will simply ignore yo Inram, i dont want any more flame wars here.

Such Great Heights, one more question, you talked about valueable content, what do you mean by this ? What more can I earn from it besides usign AdSense or any other click program ?

Maybe if i do a site about guitar (something i love) and put good content in there, maybe i can make partnership with guitar factories and gutiar online shops and earn money from this ? Thats what you called by valuable content ? If so I think I got the point.

Thanks

19. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the way to do it.
    Create a site on something you know plenty about (especially for your first couple of sites).
    Then as you've said, look for where you can form a partnership (for want of a better word), this could be in the form of advertising (them paying to advertise on your site), affiliate type stuff, or traffic exchange.
    Add something like adsense, and you've got a site with more than one income stream - you'll feel much more confident with it in the longer run if it brings money in from more than one avenue.

Adsense can and does pay an awfully large amount of money to some people, but it takes a lot of work, good content and a lot of visitors to generate that income.

You've shown in that post that when you think about it you can come up with the ideas - that's one of the hardest things.
    Good luck with your sites.

jlawrence, Jun 7, 2005 IP
    Imran likes this.
  20. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    jlawrence: good explination.

brucesinner: now you've got the right idea.

I don't know what your site is about, but I would suggest making a site on guitars, which is your passion. This is where you will get best results.

You could start off with a blog about guitars, and have posts, or pages about guitar news, guitar discounts, guitar coupons, famous guitarists, your favorite guitarists and why, etc. etc. Make it personal and you will have fun with it, not to mention you will probably find others who have the same interests and agree with your ideas/feelings.
    THAT is valuable content. It's valuable to you, and most likely valuable to others on the Internet.

Then with what you can learn here about SEO you can make sure your pages have good copy text, strong titles, meta tags, and all the other on page SEO stuff. This will be your foundation.
    From there you can work on getting more links and more traffic.
    Then you can put up AdSense and actually fiddle with AdSense colors and positions and find what makes the best results.
    I'd also consider signing up with cj.com (commission junction - a good affiliate manager [not sure if they send checks to brazil, if that's where you are.]) and look for an advertiser that sells guitars and will give you the best % kickback when you refer customers. Then find the best placements on your site for these ads.

Hopefully by then you will be making more than $0.03 a week :)
    But don't expect to retire. It's your first try and you will have found the mistakes you've made and wish you didn't make.

Then you start over again with guitars, or a different passion.
    Only this time you will have some experience under your belt and you will, most likely, do better.
    Plus that guitar site can stay up and gradually bring in some $$ every month while you work on your new site with the added knowledge you gained.

So in summary, you can earn more $ and diversify by adding affiliates, some pay per click ads, and maybe even selling ad space if your site has enough visitors. You could even become a good writer and submit guitar articles to other websites getting your name out and valuable inbound links to your site.
    These are all options, and good goals, you just need to set them, and work hard to acheive them. Cutting corners is usually not worth it. So reading, or understanding a TOS, is always better then jumping right into something.

Good luck, you're gonna need it. :)

Such Great Heights, Jun 7, 2005 IP
    SHT and Imran like this.