1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

living in Thailand with online money, why not?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JamesColin, Dec 12, 2010.

Hello,
    for guys earning money online with no family to support, no girlfriend or kids, why not go live in Thailand for a few month to try?
    There is internet and accommodation is easy to rent, no need for salary or people backing you up, and you can live very well without speaking anything else than english.

So I'd like to know if some of you in that situation feel they're stuck in their country, why don't go to thailand on a tourist visa and see, maybe you'll like it?

You only need to earn about $1,000 a month minimum at first, only bring your laptop and a set of clothes, all the rest you can buy cheaper when you arrive.

You could live in bangkok for a while or move directly to the coast/islands.

If you've never been there you can go alone no problem and you'll find it's very nice experience.

You can always take a plane back if you don't like it, don't quit your rented flat in your country, simply go as if you'd like to stay only 2 or 3 months holidays and try.

If you don't do it and can, why not?

JamesColin, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  2. Axcell

Axcell Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're american How to cashout adsense there?

Axcell, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you can let your adsense earnings go to your american bank and do wire transfert to your account in thailand (possible to open a bank account on a tourist visa, more difficult in bangkok but still possible) and the day you decide to stay longer in thailand you can transfert your adsense account to thailand and cash earning with check or via western union (no fees)

4. twittermarketingstrategy

twittermarketingstrategy Peon

Best Answers:
    But how we will get work there ? how to make $1000.

5. elektra

elektra Peon

Best Answers:
    Thailand is a nice place to go to nut the riots can be scary.

elektra, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  6. Frontier

Frontier Peon

Best Answers:
    How do the countrymen feel about 'outsiders' or, put another way, 'Americans'? I'd probably do something like this if I were on my own.

Frontier, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  7. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds awesome. The cost of living in Thailand is cheap! I've been there and the beaches are stunning. What method of generating online income are you talking about?

mrandrei, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  8. RCK3

RCK3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I could think of many other places I'd rather, maybe Costa Rica which is also super cheap

RCK3, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  9. Imdadc

Imdadc Peon

Best Answers:
    I always have dream to visit Thailand, but still now can't make time to go there. You again inspire me to visit Thailand OP, will visit soon this holiday.

Imdadc, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm talking here about people who already earn money online via adsense, affiliate or other things, who can live and work from anywhere with an internet connection (you can have high speed too in thailand, although for me it is not yet high speed such as in europe, but it is already more than enough to work online, watch videos, download torrents, etc.
    Don't worry about riots or about how locals feel about foreigners, don't believe anything in the media, I was in bangkok during the protests, I was at some point in the middle of a red shirt seating with a friend who just this day put on a yellow shirt, well nothing happened to us, thais are usually not aggressive against foreigners, they are very relax.

Anyway, if someone has the means, already is living the internet lifestyle but staying at home, why?

I understand there are other countries than thailand, so if you're already else where, it's ok, I'm more curious about the ones who stay at home but without knowing exactly why.

11. ExaMike

ExaMike Peon

Best Answers:
    Thailand or Malaysia or even Indonesia is not bad choice.. You earn money from internet however your lifestyle will be peaceful and relaxing with those coconut tree around you.

ExaMike, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  12. axhept

axhept Peon

Best Answers:
    It's doable if you want to. I've never lived there but i've been doing the same thing for years.

So far i've lived in Denmark, Germany, Aus, the UK (home), France, Ireland, The Netherlands and Ibiza. I tend to move once every 6-9 months, normally when I get bored of wherever I'm living.

Been back in the UK for almost a year now, starting to get itchy feet. I'm thinking NZ next, or possibly Amsterdam again (love that place)

Just keep your bank account where you are and get a prepaid credit card wherever you are living. Transfer money onto it from your account and use it for everything. If you shop around you can get tiny rates, so little that you don't even notice the cost.

axhept, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  13. TertsiM

TertsiM Member

Best Answers:
    At least in philippines I got way too much attention being a clear foreigner (white guy), lots of beggars came to me, I got lots of looks etc. So out of the tourist areas in Thailand I would think it is the same way, no?

TertsiM, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  14. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you can get out of the tourist area yes you'll get attention in thailand, but it's not beggars, it's smiles and friendly. I'm not a worker for thailand tourism promotion, but it's very relax and friendly. avoid phuket, pattaya if you don't want thailand with its worst aspects.

JamesColin, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  15. TertsiM

TertsiM Member

Best Answers:
    Just how dangerous is Pattaya anyway? I wouldn't mind partying and having one nights stands there or someone trying to scam me.. but if there's a 2+% chance I'd get mugged or worse there in a week, I wouldn't even want to visit it.

TertsiM, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  16. renlok

renlok Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well you could do this in any country, I would like to do this but i have no interest in going to thailand

renlok, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  17. love**

love** Peon

Best Answers:
    I know it will become a fantastic trip
    and bangkok is the best place for
    bachelor.Please tell me how can i earn
    $1000 easily.

love**, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  18. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    have fun getting laid by transvestites

Project Mobius, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  19. glendowney

glendowney Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Aha so true, don't come back with a Thai bride either ;)

glendowney, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  20. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:

You mean it??

[​IMG]

mdvasanth86, Dec 14, 2010 IP