1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

live chat - yes or no?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by zannovski, Mar 16, 2013.

1. LiveChatSoftware

LiveChatSoftware Member

Best Answers:
    Helpchat is actually using our software so I'm happy you like it. But while outsourcing live chat customer service may be very convenient but is also quite risky for a number of reasons.
    That's the feedback we often get from our customers who decide to hold customer service within their organizations:
    • The engagement of outsourced staff was never satisfyingly high.
    • With limited empowerment, outsourced support was not able to solve customers’ issues comprehensively. They had to allocate additional resources internally to support them anyway.
    • Outsourced support was based on scripts (as support agents have no in-depth knowledge about companies they support) which are among the most hated customer service solutions and lower satisfaction rates significantly.

LiveChatSoftware, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  2. subohost

subohost Active Member

Best Answers:
    We have found them good for covering the basic's (how much is something, where do i find x on your website etc), I think the main benefit with Helpchat was getting the customers email for sales leads when our offices are closed :) We do still man live chat when were are in the office though ;)

subohost, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  3. SEO.Student.15

SEO.Student.15 Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone else find it frustrating when the "live chat" feature say 's "sorry we are not available at the moment leave a message"
    chatwing.JPG
    To me it almost makes it worse than if the live chat feature was not there.

SEO.Student.15, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  4. Victor Courville

Victor Courville Member

Best Answers:
    I believe you can also use Google+ for live chats as well. I haven't tried it yet though. I'm looking forward to try soon in the future.

Victor Courville, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  5. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Which is why on my site, if we don't have anybody online to handle chat, the notification goes away.

GTAce, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  6. SEO.Student.15

SEO.Student.15 Member

Best Answers:
    Oh Good. I was going to say, there should be a way to just turn it off and not have it come up if no one is there to chat.

SEO.Student.15, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  7. jlogan

jlogan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yup,

Agree with all of the positive advice I've seen above.

Do it, I have personally seen it convert to sales although I have an assistant take care of it for me most of the time. And surprisingly I've noticed that I don't really get a lot of chats unless they really want to make a purchase or have an issue. So I read a couple replies worrying about sucking up time and for me the phone calls are the worst as far as time goes.

Also like someone else said it gives the customer extra comfort that you are a legit business. There are over 21K Shopify stores, so you have to think to yourself how many scammy low-quality stores selling garbage you will never get are out there.

I remember when I first started that was the number one question I would get was is this a real business or is it a scam? Especially if there was an issue and there will be plenty.

I got curious and started to ask my customers over chat and every single one of my customers told me they had either had a bad experience or felt they had been scammed.

Remember anyone with a Credit Card and 29$ can start a Shopify store ANYONE!

So you need to do as much as you can to send your customer as many #signalsofquality as you can. If you pay attention you will notice almost every single site doing any kind of ecommerce minus the really really big boys like Amazon. Have a live chat, so your customers are used to seeing this as a signal of quality.

There's a ton out there but don't pay for one use the free one to start out that should do you fine, that's what i've used. Not sure if anyone has linked this but here you go:
    Shopify Messenger

I wouldn't hesitate I would do it in a heartbeat

Cheers

jlogan, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  8. SEO.Student.15

SEO.Student.15 Member

Best Answers:
    good insights j logan

SEO.Student.15, Jan 3, 2017 IP