1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

live chat - yes or no?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by zannovski, Mar 16, 2013.

1. infoway111

infoway111 Member

Best Answers:
    I am using Live chat feature in my site, and it has served me a lot. In fact, my customers generally require help instantly & online as they are about to buy product,etc. So, here this Live chat service embedded in my site ,in every page with a clear link or image; which easily meet my customers need and requirement.

Live chat gives you a better interaction with your customers and can drastically pull visitors to a greater extent to your site.

infoway111, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  2. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depend what product and service you are provide .
    If you have enough human power resource and available all time then you can go with it because it able to increase the conversion rate with real time deal with your customers and able to close sales easier in the short time.
    If using email , they might take more time to consider and might change their decision in the middle.

JerrickYeoh, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  3. Arema Connect

Arema Connect Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. In the contact centre that I work we offer it and our team answer live chat enquiries 24 by 7. The main element is to have someone there to answer the chats. Since e-business and e-shops are open 24 hours, you need a 24 hours service to make it profitable. You can deal with the chats during your office hours and leave a contact centre to do the after hours work for example. If you want a quotation, let me know.

Just for the record, we use livehelpnow, liveperson and zoprim. But our agents are able to use any software that you prefer. :)

Arema Connect, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  4. Arema Connect

Arema Connect Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think better to offer both. But Live Chat is attractive for e-user since the effort to contact is lower and the issue can be solved on the spot.

Here some stats about live chat use: http://aremaconnect.co.uk/2013/03/live-chat-channel-research-findings/

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    Arema Connect, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  5. blueboxer

blueboxer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use LiveChatInc.com. What I like about them is that they have an iPhone/iPad App and Android app. So when I'm not sitting in front of the computer, I can still get messages. It has paid for itself, time and time again.

blueboxer, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  6. Tomwindser4

Tomwindser4 Peon

Best Answers:
    just get a live chat that only displays when you are present

Tomwindser4, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  7. aamir.alvi3

aamir.alvi3 Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely necessary. And for successful ecommerce, it becomes even more necessary. Customers these days are used to instant support and your chat agents will do the trick intelligently. So, hurry up

aamir.alvi3, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  8. ChrisMono

ChrisMono Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat is good. Make sure you have a customer services telephone number as well though

ChrisMono, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  9. ronrule

ronrule Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Every client of mine that runs a live chat will see an average jump of about 20% in their sales. This happens for a few reasons:

1. The "reassurance" that someone is there to talk to immediately.
    2. Any pre-sales questions not covered in the product description.
    3. Opportunity to upsell/cross-sell/suggest other items to buyers who chat.

On one of the more popular sites I manage, we have an entire customer service team that all has a chat program open. When people chat to ask questions about the primary product, it also creates an opportunity for customer service to upsell them an accessory.

ronrule, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  10. Sabrina_Gage

Sabrina_Gage Member

Best Answers:
    Live Chat is very useful for e-commerce websites, which enables you to communicate with visitors in real time. With live chat, one operator can handle multiple chat dialogs at one time, which is not time consuming. As to the user experience, you can hear what others say here: http://livechat.comm100.com/casestudytestimonials.aspx, hope helpful you!

Sabrina_Gage, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  11. BowenDaniel

BowenDaniel Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat can clearly expand your business potential, yet just assuming that its executed effectively. Online discussion boards can be a very good supply of information about alternatives. LaptopMD+ travelled with the open-source purchaser, PHPLiveChat, keeping away from services charges and also permitting the company to help adjust and also customise the perfect solution

BowenDaniel, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  12. Mrelipz

Mrelipz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Live chat option is a good idea for e-commerce site but chat should be work properly and work on the mention time.

Mrelipz, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  13. house.com.sa

house.com.sa Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt that Live chat definitely will let your web-site more active because a lot of customer looking for direct contact with the sales, even by using the Live chat , the chance to persuade is more and this definitely will affect positively your sales.

house.com.sa, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  14. Magnus Vogel

Magnus Vogel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To get your website more user friendly you should need to have Live Chat facility, It is always worthy, because with that you can convert visitor in buyer if he/she will happy with your executive support. If any visitors like your products and they have any doubt and queries then they can immediate solve with Live Chat and your executive have a fair chance to convenience them to buy your product or services.

Magnus Vogel, May 3, 2013 IP
  15. servcrate

servcrate Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally yes!
    Live chat increases your customer confidence and also serves as an value added service.
    But it also depends on what stage of business you are, like if you have just stared off your business then it wil be a waste of time. But if you have a few sales then you must and must go for live chat.

servcrate, May 6, 2013 IP
  16. liquidwebBret

liquidwebBret Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've seen HUGE pay offs using live chat on business sites. A lot of the people that wouldn't usually call in to talk to sales find it easy and safe to ask the questions just through the chat system. It will definitely increase your conversion rate if you are offering a good service or product.

liquidwebBret, May 7, 2013 IP
  17. DigitalCows

DigitalCows Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat is really great for business. Especially if your working hours are the same as your target market. Like us, we work night shift so that our business hours are the same in the US and UK, where mostly our clients are based.

We used zopim as our chat messenger, it is pretty decent.

DigitalCows, May 7, 2013 IP
  18. Arema Connect

Arema Connect Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check this whitepaper about channels to manage the customer care online. It mentions web chat plus others: http://www.callmanagement.ie/landing/whitepaperecommerce/

Arema Connect, May 10, 2013 IP
  19. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live Chat is a must tool to improve your business. You can engage with your customers & get more business.

rashida, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  20. XaKePaT

XaKePaT Active Member

Best Answers:
    i use Zopim Live Chat.. it has free version allowing 1 simultanious chat.. but this is enough for me.

XaKePaT, Jun 6, 2013 IP
    Forexpic.com likes this.