1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

live chat - yes or no?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by zannovski, Mar 16, 2013.

I run an e-commerce site about cosmetics, I was wondering if I should use live chat. What do you think, is it not too time consuming? Does it work for you?

Can someone share an experience, what are the most important features for you?

zannovski, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  2. AuctionEssistance

AuctionEssistance Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had read somewhere that if you implement a live chat that you are able to generate more sales. Couple I currently use is clickdesk. I would say from personal experience that it helps as the buyers are able to get their questions answered right away rather then send an email. Most wanted a quick answer before they purchased, and as an result of the live chat. It helped quite a bit for new sales.

AuctionEssistance, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  3. sudheerenkon

sudheerenkon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am running an eCommerce business in India. I sale movies, music, gifts, cameras, mobiles and many more. I am 100% sure chat will definitely increase your sale to a new level. Many customers have many doubt, then can ask you are online. Please go for chat.

If you want more info, them PM me. I can also show you my eCommerce site and best chat software, and how to get started with.

sudheerenkon, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  4. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Better to let the possibility of telephone contact. The chat can absorb large amount of your time.

prawyyy, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  5. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat definitely works. If anyone has a query, he/she can ask via chat and get it resolved. You can even set a auto generated chat for normal queries which people generally ask. This will save your time.

sigmainfo, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  6. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat is help you to convert customers in a second. Please use it.

creativewebmaster, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should definitely have a live chat feature on your website, this not only helps customers when they have questions but it also builds trust. It shows the consumer that this isn't just some website sitting idle, there's actually someone they can talk to and ask questions if needed. It's not necessary if you have a phone number available, but people are shopping online and might just prefer to use a live chat function rather than calling you.

cronik, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  8. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live Chat is a must to turn your customers into buyers.If your customers has any queries,about the products you offer, by integrating live chat solutions into your site, we can provide them instant answers.

rashida, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  9. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Live Chat is Very Useful For selling your Products.. although support is back bone of a business

xXxpert, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  10. AuctionDebtEliminator

AuctionDebtEliminator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do like live chat, but not an AUTOMATED live chat - like a virtual assistant. Those are easy to pick apart and they just don't work - they can actually destroy any semblance of credibility.

In addition, when you utilize a live chat, the support needs to be instantaneous -

Also - a lot of live chat software plugins allow for a 'welcome message' that you can utilize to ELICIT a response - or to INITIATE a chat. This is because chats seem to result in conversions quite a bit.

For example:

If your message was just: "Hello" That might not garner much of a response.

But if it was: "Welcome to (something).com! What questions do you have for me today?" That is not a simple yes/no question, but it might initiate a response that might have the as a question about your products/diagnose an issue on your site, or even strike up a conversation.

All of this helps with the rapport you have with clientele.

Even if you're selling something someone else is, you can at LEAST sell better customer service.

AuctionDebtEliminator, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  11. Sueliz

Sueliz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would also say yes. Although we don't get alot of uptake on it, I think it reassures the customer that there is customer service and support.

Sueliz, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  12. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat is definitely working very well for us, although we are in a different niche. Its giving us more sales, and enabling us to provide a better customer service experience to our customers. If used correctly, live chat won't take up much of your time, certainly not more compared to a regular phone call from customers.

Live chat lets us answer any queries a customer might have in real time. Especially queries from those customers who are reluctant to buy. So you get more sales. It also enables us to hear first hand feedback from customers (very useful in reporting faults/bugs), as well as their complaints and suggestions, and positive feedback.
    A lot of our existing customers use live chat to communicate with us, rather than sending an email or giving us a call.

One really good thing that I love about live chat is the ability to be proactive. We can prospect our visitors (based on a number of parameters) and go after the ones that are most likely to produce a sale and service them first.

hhsaus, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  13. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat can be a useful tool for e-commerce sites. It doesn't have to be available on your web site 24 hours a day -- you can activate/deactivate it as needed -- like when you're sitting at your computer.

It just gives your visitors another avenue to contact you if they have questions. You can quickly answer questions for them vs. making them wait for an email reply.

gotlivechat, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  14. Anjali Panwar

Anjali Panwar Member

Best Answers:
    Hi. Live Chat is really useful for the business. I also run an E-commerce site when I start to use live chat I found my customers on site were increasing day by day. By live chat you can give answers the customers query instantly. So you should use live chat so that increase the customers on the site as well as the popularity of the site.

Anjali Panwar, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  15. BuxP

BuxP Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only run a live chat if you actually can handle the support.
    Meaning: Be online alot of hours. Nothing more frustrating if a user wants to consult livechat and there are no operators or everything is offline...

BuxP, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  16. insight.tech

insight.tech Member

Best Answers:
    Live Chat is nearly compulsory for the eCommerce Website to generate the better sales and customer support after the sales too.

insight.tech, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  17. anne785

anne785 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I personally advice you to use live chat for your business. Because most of the users prefer to make an enqiury before buying the product. So, you can make use of it to satisfy your customers.

anne785, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  18. (BN)Nolan

(BN)Nolan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat wouldn't hurt. You don't need set hours, you could just hop on it whenever you have extra time. Doing so I think it would help to increase sales, if you engage the visitors, and of course it would improve your support.

(BN)Nolan, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  19. PlaceboYou

PlaceboYou Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a live chat in one of my sites.

My point is the following: the more ways you have to contact the user to make him/her your buyer the better. If a user has a doubt and he/she can contact the site immediately to solve his/her doubt, there is a huge chance for that user to become a buyer immediately too. So why not putting a live chat on a site, specially on an e-commerce one.

The benefits are really large. Remember that sales are made from emotions, and emotions are made from time to time, you never know when a user will become a buyer related to a certain emotion he/she may end up having according to a nice answer received from the customer service. A personalized contact is always appreciated.

PlaceboYou, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  20. AKraly

AKraly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat is awesome for increase eCommerce conversion rates! I highly recommend it if (and only if) you are going to online during normal business hours... there's no bigger turn off then a customer landing on your site in the middle of the day only to see a big OFFLINE message.

AKraly, Mar 26, 2013 IP