1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Little something about Digg!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ltjman22, Mar 14, 2007.

1. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not good to post your own articles on Digg. Just add Digg buttons on them and see if any one else Diggs them for you. After all, you might think your stuff is good, but it's really the visitor has the final opinion and that's how Digg is supposed to work.

shamess, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I submitted to Google for free and got a lot more than 41 uniques. A front page digg once sent 4100 uniques in a few hours.

mad4, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  3. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    Bad idea. Be proactive in your marketing, it works the best.

aletheides, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  4. TomN

TomN Peon

Best Answers:
    digg traffic is worthless. I had someone randomly submit my site while I was on vacation. It sent me 50,000 in one day. Long story short, i was on shared hosting then. Now that I'm on a dedicated (traffic grew after that anyways), it has yet to happen again. From those 50,000 uniques, it was like people were leaving the second they saw the site, and there were hardly any clicks what so ever.

To reiterate again, digg traffic is worthless for some niches, despite digg having a devoted category for my niche.

TomN, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  5. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    This is understandable TomN. The traffic coming from digg isn't targeted in any way, it's very general. So when you compare it to natural targeted SE traffic the numbers probably won't look too good.

aletheides, Mar 16, 2007 IP