1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Little something about Digg!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ltjman22, Mar 14, 2007.

If you guys are not using digg, then you better start! Just two days after signing up with digg and submitting 3 articles!

These are my analytics numbers!

digg.com[referral] 41 1.44

Has anyone else seen traffic like this from the first two days of using digg?

It's pretty powerful, and this backs that up!

Comments?

ltjman22, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  2. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is that 41 Visitors on digg for 3 articles? I am sorry to say, but that's actually not a great example of the power of digg. A successful story would look something like this:

rzvagelsky, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  3. rzvagelsky

Best Answers:
    Also, your 41 Visitors averaged 1.44 Page Views. That means that more than half of the people visiting your site left after viewing the first page.

rzvagelsky, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  4. ltjman22

ltjman22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right I understand what you are saying! But have you ever tried something for free and got 41 uniques out of it?

ltjman22, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  5. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are hundreds of places to get free traffic, its a short term boost worth tapping into for its added benefits.

sji2671, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    this is for a blog, I'm guessing? It seems to be pretty worthless for anything that isn't one.

Pixelrage, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  7. bnbi

bnbi Peon

Best Answers:
    Not exception but it's free traffic right, I'll take all I can get. Unfortunately it's hard to predict what will and won't be viral. Hit or miss, but when you hit you'll hit it big :)

good luck

bnbi, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  8. protocol96

protocol96 Peon

Best Answers:
    ohk, it looks like somebody stumbled upon digg.com and is shoutin eureka eureka, no offense meant, just seeing it in a lighter moments.

fyi, been there done that and moved on, thats my story, i hope this one hits front page. :p

protocol96, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  9. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    just don't get caught up by always submitting your own articles, your URL will most likely get banned.

fsmedia, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  10. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    41 people actually clicked on your link!! Whoa. If you spent every waking moment you may be able to trick a few thousand into visiting your site a day. Thats great fun and all, but then what?

Is this a joke?

Has to be.:cool:

akula, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  11. affordableweb

affordableweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey we all started somewhere and if 41 clicks is good for him then let him have it. Why rain on his 41 clicks parade?

Good work dude! Keep at it and one day you may get 41,000 clicks.

affordableweb, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  12. ltjman22

Best Answers:
    Yep it's a joke, and not for a blog, it's a forum! I only submitted a couple links. Come on guys, do you think I would actually try something before reading about it on here? Well, wickedfire is a better source than DP, but there are a lot more posts here than over there!

Enough of that, I was just trying to share some information for people who have never tried digg before! Looks like I got on the other end of the rod and reel with all the hatred?

13. rzvagelsky

Best Answers:
    This is just typical DP banter...I wouldn't go as far as calling it hatred. I think your success story is a little counterintuitive and would NOT make want to go through the hassle of using digg. Remember now, you got 41 visitors from 3 articles...those articles took time to write so it's not really free.

rzvagelsky, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  14. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With digg you get a few visitors the first day you submit your story and if it hasn't made the first page or doesn't make the first page then this traffic will slowly trickle of as days go by.

john269, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  15. protocol96

protocol96 Peon

Best Answers:
    C'mon dude,u dont have to take every comment personally, I dunno where did this hatred word come up from in ur mind. Wat u should see is that, there are people out here who are not satisfied with the traffic they are gettin from digg, so u see there are people who are in totally different league. Move along with them, and pretty soon, u would say the same thing, cause u would be that big.

No, i m not gonna apologize for my statement just cause u took it in the wrong sense.

Peace!

protocol96, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  16. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Dont worry bout it - most here love tooting their own horns.. just theirs is bigger than yours right now.

Keep at it. Its better than zero - you can certainly go further. :)

Best,
    JL

john_loch, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  17. ltjman22

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is better than zero, that's what I was saying in the first place! Some people don't realize that everyone is not getting gobs of traffic all the time! That made my day getting traffic from somewhere other than what I was used to! Thanks for the incouragement!

18. RacerWeek

RacerWeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had sites on both digg and shoutwire that have sent thousands of visitors, but I found the traffic to be pretty worthless. Very few repeat visitors or ad rev. But it can't hurt, plus I've seen google count backlinks from digg.

RacerWeek, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  19. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to agree on that. I got to digg homepage twice and got about 60.000 visitors but not too many coversions.
    The good part is the SEO as digg is an authority web site, plus there are many bloggers who get your articles and link them.
    Digg is a nice resource for free traffic but not something to depend on. And I guess the best strategy is to have content that people there like. Submitting each and every page of your site doesn't really helps

Nikolas, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  20. jaybee

jaybee Peon

Best Answers:
    I had one story that got dug - 1290 visitors on one day, about 4000 total. It can be nice. But not very sticky traffic - people click in, scan the page, then click somewhere else. But I'm not complaining - if 1% or 0.1% of that free traffic bookmarked my site, I came out ahead.

jaybee, Mar 16, 2007 IP