1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Little advice please, concerning opening an ebay shop and increasing traffic

Discussion in 'eBay' started by HKN-style, Mar 23, 2011.

Hello all,
    Had a look round the site and thought there was plenty of good advice so why not get a share of it myself ;)

So to my problem....sales (dont laugh) and exposure. My listings on eBay are here: search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZhkn-styleQQhtZ-1.

I dont seem to be getting anywhere near enough views, I sold 10 items in 10 days which is pretty pathetic. I have professional looking listings and titles with my 3 main products advertised at the bottom of every listing.

My plan is to:
    1. Lower my prices until I hit a feedback rating of 10 (I have e-mailed every customer for a feedback rating, which worked quite well)
    2. Open an eBay shop in the hope that this will increase traffic with more crossmarketing of products. Will a shop alone increase traffic through my items?
    3. I have a few different products on there way from china, more items better equal more sales :D

So what do you guys think? Any advice welcome! What should or shouldn't I do?

HKN-style, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  2. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes first you need to have more feedbacks under your belt for selling items on ebay. Ebay shop is a good idea for having a record of your inventory as well as decorating it in your own style. Remember the work is not finished after just opening the ebay shop. You have to market it properly, if you wanna have more traffic. Try to list the most number of items in a day in your ebay store, basically its should not look like the page you have given us here to view. It has just 6 items to display.

Also wait for atleast couple weeks more to start anything big, as you have not yet completed a complete month, registering on ebay, so you are a new ebayer. This reflects by a small yellow color icon, near your ebay ID, let this ID go away, then start your ebay shop ;)

China_girl, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  3. HKN-style

HKN-style Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info, sales have been really good. I think I'll walk before I run ;) got a bit ahead of myself there.

HKN-style, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  4. sjdataservices

sjdataservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Use affiliate program to promote items by using banners, text links, and other innovative tools, such as the editor's kit. For more feedback you can also offer customers offers like discount, free shipping on feedback.

sjdataservices, Apr 2, 2012 IP