1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

listing in Dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by cashbackers, Jul 26, 2005.

Being a mupet I have completely forgotten wether or not I submitted a site to Dmoz a few months ago.

I'm tempted to submit it now just in case I didnt b4. Just wanted to ask if I could be penalized for this?

cheers

chris

cashbackers, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  2. Alucard

Alucard Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Chris. No, you won't be penalised for two submissions.

Alucard, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  3. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    if your site has already been submitted it will the least-worse it can do is has your site bumped back to the bottom of the list again.

Dunno if they would penalise you 4 this, i know i would, but then again this is dmoz.

just-4-teens, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  4. gaja

gaja Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, I think they treat your latest submission as the updated submission of your site. But this will also delay the review of your site because it will be treated as a new submission as well.

gaja, Jul 26, 2005 IP
    focus3 likes this.
  5. Alucard

Alucard Peon

Best Answers:
    Just in case there is any misunderstanding... editors are not forced to review sites in any order. They can pull up a list of unreviewed sites in a particular category, and sort them by any number of criteria (one of which is the last submission date).

So if an editor were to sort using submission, and if the editor were to start reviewing in order, then yes, there might be a delay. Those are two big "if"s, though.

Submitting significantly more than twice, however, can get the site to have a reputation of a so-called "directory spammer", and that can lead to having the site penalised in much more significant ways.

Hope this clarifies a little.

Alucard, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  6. kjewat

kjewat Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have another "if": IF the editor reviews any websites at all :p

Seems like some editors choose that option :mad:

kjewat, Jul 26, 2005 IP