1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

List of new TLD's

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by cipcip, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll buy ferrari.car because the extension fits perfectly.
    Also, ferraris are not a computers.

Cheat, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  2. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha Cheat, You cracked me up!
    Those are some funny extensions. They are only going to make .com much stronger and hold its position of the king/queen of the web!
    They forgot .google lol

AdamFL, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  3. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    None of those TLDs will be approved IMO
    If ICANN wants more money, the best strategy is to lance new TLDs one by one, so crazy domainers will be fooled again and will register most of keywords in landrush (same as in .co)

As for .free it can't be approved, it is too risky for the internet to lance a TLD for free registration, just have a look at .info, it isn't free, but with cheap reg fee and there are a lot of spamming sites under this gTLD.
    ICANN will hold on till the ".co era" will end, after that they will think how to steal more money from domainers lol

dlatua, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  4. silverone

silverone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    COM doesnt stand for computer obviously, but for commercial. As far as I know Ferrari is a commercial company. ;)
    Also on another note: to you .CAR will make more sense but if nobody out there knows the extension .car exists good luck with it then. It will be just a worthless extension and even if you decide to promote it it will just end up driving more traffic to the COM version of it, and make COM more valuable because of it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    silverone, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  5. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    is this even true? lol it sounds ridiculous, .car, .gay, .horse. btw hamburg is a city in germany, not hamburger lol.

g36, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  6. silverone

silverone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, it does sound ridiculous. But it's just an ICANN money scheme, nothing else.

silverone, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  7. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    All two-words .com's will continue to go down in price with more alternatives available.

- All extensions work the same.
    - People are not stupid to remember a word after the dot.
    - People are not programed only to navigate .com, they are humans.
    - People are becoming more web-savvy. Grand-mas and kids these days knows their country's extension.
    - People evolve and in the future, people are going to get used to keyword.keyword.
    - People love new stuffs and change everyday.
    - People use search engines more then randomly typing web addresses.
    - People prefer to have domains such as sugar.free instead of sugarfree.com because of it's elegance and simplicity.
    - People prefer short domains with short extensions.
    - People remember original and brand-able domain names better such as WHO.IS then lame unoriginal ones like WHOIS.COM
    - .Com used to be a "command" extension for early web-browsers.
    - .Com is an american thing and an american abbreviation of the word "commercial"
    - .Com will be remembered as the thing of the past and new generations are going to forget about it.
    - ccTLDs are becoming more popular then gTLDs
    - The future is going word.word

ICANN is planing to release 500 new gTLDs each year, so you better get them all before it's too late.

- Some of them are going to be free.
    - Some of them are going to be cheaper then .info
    - Some of them are going to be much more easier to remember then .com such as .xxx

Do you honestly think your kids and grand kids are going to spend millions on an old and mostly long and ugly .com domain while they can get a good one on .web or .whatever extension for $8 ?

- So what i am saying, only those who have short domain hacks are going to be winner in the future.
    - kiss.me is more awesome then kiss.com (the domain speaks for it self!)
    - Let's say you have digitalpoint.com and in maybe 5 years they are going to release the .point extension and you are going do whatever it takes to get digital.point ?
    - Have you guys realized that gTLDs like .com will no longer be the "must have" extension ?
    - Have you guys realized that almost all gTLD are english words only ?

2 words stick together that make it look like a word are bad domains

- Lets say you have DnResult.com, then i'm 100% sure you want Result.com right ??? and you say "it will just end up driving more traffic to the COM version of it"... and i will say you this: "it will just end up driving more traffic to Result.com because nobody knows what "Dn" stand for. If "Dn" means something special to me, I'll rather have Dn.Result then DnResult.com

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

"com" is not a word... "com" used to be an abbreviation of "command" in the mid 80's... then they wanted to brand "com" as an abbreviation of "company" but instead they branded as "commercial" in the late 90's because of it's popularity.

Something with "net" used to be the abbreviation of "networks" in the 80's for ISP's but now it is branded as "used sometimes when desired name is not available in .com".

Go outside and ask an average joe what does "com" means to them? Here are the answers i get:

Company ?
    Communication ?
    Community ?
    Computer ?
    Command ?
    Commodore ?
    Communism ?
    Come ?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    Cheat, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  8. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member