1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Liquid Web Deleted my server by accident, they now refuse to help

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by smokey99, Jul 18, 2020.

I was hosting with liquidweb for a few years since Wiredtree sold to them and I was transfered to liquidweb vps.
    I should have known from the start they were a crappy host, the migration team at liquid web screwed things up and took over a month to fix it.

But the real nightmare began last week.
    I opened a ticket to request they disable a notification I was getting every day about some additional space I had rented for a clients email storage and was no longer in use.
    They asked if they could delete it and I agreed.

They then mistakenly destroyed my entire vps and all my backups.
    I was horrified to hear Liquidweb dont have or keep backups of their own servers.
    They also said they would not or could not recover the data from the disk even though it was only destroyed hours before.

All I got was an apology and a ridiculous offer of a $40 credit.
    They wiped out 15 of my customers sites and 5 of my own as well as my storage.

Run from this host, they have effectively destroyed my business with no remorse

smokey99, Jul 18, 2020 IP
  2. webtalk

webtalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Data is very much important for a business. I am sorry for your loss, were you on VPS or their dedicated server. Did you have backup?

webtalk, Jul 22, 2020 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't get it. why did you had backups stored on the same server? The idea behind backups is to store them elsewhere, so that you can restore website in case of hard disk failure or something of that sort.
    If server hard disk crashes, and your backup is on same server, then what good is that backup?

In your case, as you say, the host is the one who screwed up.
    Its unfortunate, really unfortunate, but you too should have kept a copy of your account on a different VPS.

Restoring a deleted VPS is probably not possible, not even in few hours of deletion.
    I don't think deleted data goes in a recycle bin of some sort. It gets permanently deleted immediately.
    I had a 20GB VPS earlier, which kept getting full because of cached pages. and as soon as I deleted files from cache directory, the freed space was "immediately" available.

JEET, Jul 22, 2020 IP
  4. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    What the hell! I'm so sorry for your loss, it's ridiculous when you see websites providing "PROFESSIONAL SERVICES" being naive like this! They should compensate all your losses not only giving 40$

Ayoub benali01, Jul 27, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. smokey99

smokey99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was on a VPS, most of the backups I had were on a separate space but on the same server. (Ya I know many people have given me crap about that)
    My understanding was Liquid web at least had backups of their own servers.
    But I find out now they dont keep any backups of their servers, so if one of their servers had been wiped out, I would be in the same position

And contrary to their marketing BS, they dont /cant recover data and have pretty much wiped their hands of me

smokey99, Jul 27, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.