1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LinkShare versus CJ

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by anthonycea, Oct 3, 2004.

Has anyone had any problems with LinkShare? It seems these guys do not even answer emails when you have a problem.

CJ since they bought B-free or since Value Click bought them have changed a lot of things around and was still running banners even after they closed our account.

Their fricking banners were still running on my sites and the pricks did not let me know that they had closed my account, nor were the banners disabled.

Do they do this to anyone else and where does the money go when they do this to webmasters?

Needless to say I took those banners (free to them) off my sites and signed up for another CJ account.

What a bunch of ARSES.

anthonycea, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Why was your CJ account closed?

Why did you sign up for another CJ account after your first CJ account was closed?

CJ annoys me in four ways:

1. The HTML code in their links is often horribly awful. (table width's hard coded to 600, for example.)

2. Their idiotically frightening warnings about fixing their HTML code. ("You must include all the above html in your links. Any missing html, including the image source, will prevent the link from tracking properly and result in a loss of commissions.")

3. Their incompetently stupid support staff who cannot explain what code modifications will cause harm and what code modifications will not cause harm. For example, my web site design does not work with tables 600px wide, so I made all of their tables auto-size.

4. No reasonable method of testing whether you are receiving credit for clicks or not. When I queried the CJ support staff, they told me to BUY SOMETHING to see if I was receiving credit for purchased. How incredibly stupid.

I have not tried LinkShare yet.

Will.Spencer, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Will, they closed the account without notification but did not disable the banners.

So what that means is that they are collecting millions without paying the dumb webmasters that do not keep up with their pages and never check their affiliate accounts to check stats.

I would imagine that is a lot of webmasters.

Why did I sign up again, they have some programs that others do not have like Ebay and other high profile programs.

They also have the B-free program and I think it is silly that they want you to merge these accounts together.

Why in the hell don't they just do that and make it all one program.

A lot of this stuff is done to confuse webmasters and to rip them off I believe.

anthonycea, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Why was your CJ account closed?

Ebay isn't CJ and Be Free only. EBay also supports MediaPlex.

Will.Spencer, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Your guess is as good as mine Will.

Why do oil prices go up?

I think it is corruption, look at my prior posts, the answers are there.

anthonycea, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  6. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They close your account if you do not generate any commissions within a period of time - I forget whether it is 3 or 6 months. I agree they should email and tell you so, anything less is quite simply dishonest.

stephfoster, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  7. harver

harver Guest

Best Answers:
    I heard from a friend that Linkshare is basically OK.

harver, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I like CJ better than LinkShare... CJ has more merchants, stats are realtime (LinkShare is lagged by 24-48 hours), and the image verification system that LinkShare added a few months ago that you have to ever every time to log in is really annoying.

digitalpoint, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  9. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I like CJ than Linkshare. Better selection of merchants.

But yesterday I couldn't login to my account. It says account deactivated :confused: Strange since I just got approved for around 7 new merchants. Could have been to lack of income generation as stated. But they were nor courteuos enough to notify me first.

Well I sent them an email and they said they will look into the matter.

TLDTrader.com, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that they are a bunch of idiots who are ripping off the average webmaster.

They disable your account and still run banners on millions of sites without notification.

A FTC complaint should be filed against the thieves. They should at least disable their banners if the dammed idiots are not going to pay webmasters.

I am tired of the F______ crooks in this business, how many are getting ripped of on the cookie scams too?

Folks erase their cookies everyday, how do you get paid on that crap, this industry is filled with corruption.

Just trust US!

They take advantage of that trust that dumb webmasters put in them.

What choice do we have, how in the hell can you grow a business when your vendors rip your ass off?

anthonycea, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  11. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CJ disables accounts that have not made a sale in 6 months. I agree it sucks that they do this without warning. But you can just sign up with a new account using new email if it happens and switch out your links.

I like CJ reports and everything much better than Linkshare. From the merchant side - we just got our 1st Linkshare client, Luggage Online and I have a hard time getting the info i need out of Linkshare. Could be just because we have tons of client's on CJ and I'm so used to the interface.

5starAffiliates, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    CJ just happens to be using that crap as an excuse to rip webmasters off, why are they still running banners after the accounts are disabled?

Don't tell me they are not making sales from millions of banners running that do not have an account any longer.

Like I said they and most businesses today are run by crooks who could not care less about anything other than taking full advantage of anyone who happens to do business with them.

Look at ATT and all the billing scams they have been convicted of, double billing, overcharging customers and every other scam that could be imagined.

Looks like CJ has joined that club to me.

anthonycea, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I find it hard to believe that you think that you didn't make a penny in 6 months from ads, then when they disable your account, all of a sudden they are raking in the money from your ads after you account is disable for not generating any revenue. :)

Truthfully, it makes sense to me... why waste resources on an account that generates no income?

digitalpoint, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What resources? A fricking number in a computer?

Why are they still running banners on websites without notification?

I am not the only one that said this Shawn, how many millions of banners are the bastards running on accounts that they closed?

How in the hell would anyone know if they made sales if the dammed account was closed 6 months ago, but the banners have been running for that length of time?

Would you do that to your customers if you ran the company?

Are webmasters going to run Digital Point banners without getting paid?

Are you going to run some free banners for me?

15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Resources meaning tracking the impressions and so forth. Each impression takes drive space. I also doubt they deactivate any account without emailing them. I get so much email from CJ about every little thing going on, it's annoying.

16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well Napster ads were running like hell on 4 of my sites and they were still using resources to track those now, were they not?

They just cut me out of the loop.

Why are not the ads disabled like Shareasale or anyone else would do if there is no corruption?

Let's face it, these guys are doing this to millions of banners and not paying a soul.

17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    {lol} I don't know what to tell you dude... maybe take it up with them.

18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    OK, while I am at it, I will see if the oil companies will rebate the $150,000.00 they overcharged me the last 30 years.

I will draft the e-mail right now, can you sign it as a witness?

19. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    My account was deactivated a few days ago without notice. I emailed them to ask why, since I didn't know about the 6 months thing. I received an auto-reply informing me that they will send another email with 24 hours. None till now.

TLDTrader.com, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Take my word for it, with them being purchased by Value Click and the merger with B-free they are doing some silly stuff.

Why would they leave my B-free account open and close the CJ account without notice, but leaving their free (money stealing banners) banners running on my sites without giving me credit.

These companies mostly suck, CJ and LinkShare, they are all theives and I do not look for it to get better.

The webmaster must look out for him or herself, because if you do not watch close, these companies WILL RIP YOU OFF.

How do you get paid when cookies are erased daily by users.

No one seems to know the answer to this, but the advertisers sure benefit from this trend.

This industry needs change in a hurry since webmasters seem to have little power to stop from getting ripped off.

anthonycea, Oct 9, 2004 IP