1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Links in Press Releases

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Amaric, Mar 28, 2010.

I write the press releases for the company I work for and submit them online. I was wondering if the links in these press releases are of any value? Should we pay for including links in the press releases for SEO?

Amaric, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  2. Goldenwolf

Goldenwolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't used them personally but from what I have read in other places they are.
    I also think there are free ones, probably not as effective though.

Don't take as a professional advice, unfortunately I am a newbie IM.

Goldenwolf, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  3. social-media

social-media Member

Best Answers:
    PRWeb used to not allow them except for your domain like www.example.com... But about a year ago they started allowing you to include several contextual links in the press release with "real" link text (not just the URL as the link text). It is as effective as links in submitted articles. The press releases get picked up and republished by many sites automatically. The links at PRWeb last I checked are followed links... and when they get republished, typically remain followed.

So yes... it is worth it. I always put 2-3 contextual links when possible in the body of the press release pointing to different pages on my site when possible. And I would also put a few in the boilerplate templated ABOUT <insert Company> section that typcially appears at the end. And with each press release, I change the link text slightly in the boilerplate section.

social-media, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  4. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Link from Press Release has a value but I would recommend you should not do PR just for SEO purpose. If your press release has something that attract media enough, you would get links from some media company (sometime big one) that referred you in their news / articles. This is an indirect SEO benefits by PR.

Sxperm, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  5. microman007

microman007 Peon

Best Answers:
    press release is a good way to promote your website and will bring you lots of traffic. what's more it can give you backlinks quickly. it is worth trying.

microman007, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  6. bailey26

bailey26 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sending your unique articles to the right sites where they appear in Google News can get you hundreds and even a thousand hits in a day. Obviously this does depend on the content because some subjects are more popular than others. People make the mistake of not sending unique content. Well written articles of 300 - 400 words will be fine though. Home business articles get lots of views.

Technology articles go down well, lots of interest. Unlocking iphone articles get a massive amount of traffic but authors spoil it by sending the same article day after day even using different author names. No editor is going to risk his site by publishing the same old thing day after day.

bailey26, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  7. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    press release not only give you traffic but can give you backlinks as well. different PR site has different requirements where some allow contextual links and others just allow you to put a link as your company URL. either way you get backlinks. if you have any option to include contextual links on the article, then by all means take advantage of it.

sultanofseo, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  8. lemon@sem-service.com

lemon@sem-service.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Compared with article, I think article is more valuable than press, Just my own opinion.

lemon@sem-service.com, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  9. Joelo

Joelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many different press release sites, some offer free links and some don't, but some are more popular than others. So I can't say yes or no to your question.
    But... like some people have mentioned, if the PR site is popular and your PR is distributed to other sites, than you could end up getting a lot more exposure, regardless of a link in the PR.

Hint: Try to find PR sites that submit to Google News and use keywords in your PR title and body.

Joelo, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  10. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, as many guys said, link in PR gives value. Create an attractive PR and then submit to PR website. Do some good service and publish that in PR.

samdar, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  11. Divyani

Divyani Peon

Best Answers:
    There are only few PR directories which usually get indexed by google. It is a sheer waste of time if you spend many hours doing Press Release on too many PR sites. But of course PR has it's own SEO value so you cannot completely ignore it.

Divyani, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  12. sajan1kota

sajan1kota Active Member

Best Answers:
    Press release is definitely worth spending time , this will definitely boost the SEO of the site however it depends on what kind of site you are doing, select a site which has good page rank.

sajan1kota, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  13. bailey26

bailey26 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

My Link, Unique Press Releases Welcome... will take you to.... http://www.world-wide-posts.com
    Good Unique PR's submitted there will appear in Google News.

bailey26, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  14. hotelier

hotelier Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh my goodness. Yes, absolutely!

If you use even some of the free press release services not only can your links get spread around like wildfire if you do it right, but those links can be fantastic for your site rankings. Particularly if it gets picked up by Google News.

hotelier, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  15. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Contextual backlinks from your articles, press releasing would help your ranking more than other channels, IMO. Google or other engines like such backlinks and give them more weight. :)

Have a nice day,

AirForce1, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  16. Amaric

Amaric Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the advice! No, we don't do Press Releases just for Page Rank. They contain news about the company, of course. I was just wondering if we should pay for the links inside the press release....you have answered my question. Thanks again.

Amaric, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  17. BusinessCoach

BusinessCoach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to ask yourself.

Is a link on someone else's website valuable to me?

Press releases get picked up by many websites. If the answer for YOU is yes...then it is valuable.

If it doesn't matter if your link shows up on sites other than your own...then no ;)

BusinessCoach, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  18. bluecollar01

bluecollar01 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's only as valuable as the information being released - i.e. if the press release is important enough to be picked up by many news sites or extremely popular sites then the links would be very valuable to SEO. On the other hand if the press release isn't really news worthy and doesn't get picked up by very many news sites or only gets picked up by unpopular sites then the link value is diminished.

Either way, I would put them into any press release I submitted simply because if I'm going to take the time to put the press release together I should try to maximize the ROI. Just my opinion.

bluecollar01, Apr 15, 2010 IP