1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Linking from your blog

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Amaric, Jun 10, 2010.

Hi everyone,
    I have a question. Since most free blog directories require a reciprocal link from the blog, I was wondering whether it is worth to give them the link in exchange for listing in the directory?
    I would appreciate if you advise me on this issue.

Amaric, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Reciprocal linking is not as good as it used to be. However, asking for a link in return is not out of the ordinary or out of line. My advice is, if it's someplace that you want to be listed like Blog Categlog then comply.

If you are just building backlinks, I would keep the reciprocal links to directories to a minimum...less than 25% of your link strategy.

hmansfield, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  3. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    Reciprocal links would be worthless unless maybe its from a site with the same niche (topic) related to yours.

phpwnes, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  4. erline

erline Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is quite true...if you got reciprocal links from unrelated sites then your links will not bring you any value whatsoever. Try to get links from related sites or blogs in your niche. Quality comes first these days...

erline, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  5. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays, Google do not give much power on reciprocal link. You should find any service that only get one way backlink is really better for your site.

vannarith, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  6. erline

erline Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there any possibilities for us to ... for example ... make another blogs from different source of web 2.0's like hubpages, squidoo, etc and link them all together and from each one of them making an article that has anchor text which point to our main blog? is it possible to done this from the same computer? 1 IP address? will google notice it and then, send our ranking to sandbox or even worse, downgrading our current page rank? Anybody ever done this before? Please give an insight...

erline, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course it is possible and people do it all of the time. Not necessarily linking them to each other, but back to their main blog. Self linking is how most blogs get their links.

Google is not going to recognize you by IP address, but it will recognize duplicate content, so make each article completely different.

hmansfield, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  8. Crystal_Jobs

Crystal_Jobs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good hman

Crystal_Jobs, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  9. erline

erline Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks hmasfield, Now I know that this can work! but it is gonna takes whole life time to do it, don't you think? Is it any software out there that can help us do this automatically so we can save hours of works?

erline, Jun 12, 2010 IP