1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LinkedIn has great SEO

Discussion in 'Google' started by diagurzula, Jun 16, 2010.

I was just typing my name on Google search bar, and the first link on the result page was of LinkedIn, and I kept wondering how come this site is successful in hitting the first position in the search engines. I thought that its SEO strategy must be really effective. While researching more, I came to know that the SEO firm hired by LinkedIn is really experienced and skilled to bring the site on top of the Google page. The pages are optimized in such a way that all are search engine friendly. They have given importance to the architecture and design of the website during the designing stage. Isn’t that great?

diagurzula, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  2. nab

nab Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that is great.

Another similar example:

Scribnia (http://www.scribnia.com/) does a similar thing. It is a place that highlights writers and bloggers (a sort of community of writers and bloggers where you can review others and showcase yourself).

On a blog I was reading the other day, the author mentioned that he wrote his name (which he wants to make popular), and the first results was of his Scribnia page.

nab, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  3. ninja_va

ninja_va Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Yeas ! It's more because LinkedIn delivers compelling value and due to that reason has a solid trust/authority in Google thanks to massive link equity.

It takes much more than just search engine friendly urls..:)

ninja_va

ninja_va, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  4. nab

nab Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I think you are right. I mean the OP said that the pages are optimised in such a way that all are search friendly, while I too think, that it has to do with the solid trust and massive link equity.

nab, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To test this, I just did a Google search for my name. My website scored the first two results; LinkedIn scored #3.

Awesome! My SEO must be better than LinkedIn's SEO! :) Just kidding. I'm most likely #1 simply because my name (for which I did the search) is my domain name.

Jim4767, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  6. jasn009

jasn009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh! Yes its really great, i searched my name and linkedin was 3rd after my site and twitter was on position 4th mean twitter is also not too good as linked in is in matter of SEO

jasn009, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  7. djars

djars Peon

Best Answers:
    nyc trick thnx for sharing

djars, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  8. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to sound rude, but is this some kind of revelation? Of course your website should be designed from an SEO perspective. The entire structure, navigation, page content, images, links, titles, page names, folder names, everything about the site must be on topic and optimized. How else would it be done, as an afterthought?

LinkedIn is powerful for the same reasons wikipedia, amazon, and other mega-sites are powerful. . . popularity. My website has about 2000 backlinks. Wikipedia has 6,538,235. LinkedIn has 180,358,913. Minimal SEO and 180 million backlinks are going to land you in the #1 spot a good deal of the time!

longcall911, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  9. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to hear, I have a linkedin account but my own blogs do the "job" faster.

monfis, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  10. seogawd

seogawd Active Member

Best Answers:
    The reason linkedin does so well is because it is a "professional" site that originally catered to the elite "bankers, lawyers, public sector professionals, college professors, etc" furthermore... they "the professionals" are very, very proud of their profiles at linkedin so linkedin has a flat binary TON of links inbound from highly ranked .EDU's and .GOV's

You want a good BL... create a profile at linkedin and list your urls - Just don't expect to make any friends there!

seogawd, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  11. manny07

manny07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Too bad that keywords are useless on these social media sites.

manny07, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  12. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Many major social bookmark / social networking website including Digg and Linkedin do have great seo potential because of their authority status. It is like one many keywords are dominated by Wikipedia, it is still be like that these days but much less compared to how it used to be.

I agree that linkedin has a great seo potential than I ever expected but it could be a dropped later like others such as Digg, Wikipedia or Ezinearticles used to be before. :) I did not say those big brothers are not important anymore, yet they still but not that huge like they were.

Sxperm, Jun 17, 2010 IP