1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Linkedin for B2B Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jrbiz, Oct 22, 2019.

1. davilama2682

davilama2682 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, as a new Linkedin member I cannot account or elaborate upon the evolution of the platform. But how is it a viable B2B platform if they are selling to its own members? It will be the mediator because advertisers pay them to push their products on registered users. It did not take me that long to realize that.
    SEMrush

davilama2682, Nov 21, 2019 IP
    SEMrush
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what their revenue split is, but advertising is only one component. They also sell Premium packages to individuals and businesses. A few years ago, I led a sales and marketing team that used LinkedIn Sales Navigator which is a SaaS tool with monthly subscriptions and gives sales teams special prospect researching tools and other relevant sales functions within the Linkedin environment. It is quite pricey. They also have a specialized SaaS package for recruiters which I imagine is very popular and equally expensive. Linkedin, if nothing else, is a great place for recruiters to find people. I am linked to hundreds and hundreds of them.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It seems like I am getting 1-2 linkedin invitations per day to connect lately from sales reps pushing lead generation services. They are from all over the world and many of the sales pitches that come with or follow the invitation are very low quality. To my mind, it taints the whole pool so that any company "cold calling" on linkedin members will be painted with the same broad brush and considered to be a spammer or low quality marketer. I was discussing with a CEO very recently that I would never engage such a service because of my concerns about damage to the reputation of my company just from being one of those companies that participate in such an activity. Not much difference when I consider a telemarketing or other such lead gen service: first, do no harm with any marketing campaign.

That's why if I do any marketing on linkedin, it will be with some form of targeted advertising.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    jrbiz, Nov 27, 2019 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a similar experience on linkedin recently. Got an invitation from someone who then sent me a message saying how nice it was to hook up with me and immediately went into his sales pitch. I think it was insurance.

I asked if he found that type of approach lucrative in his line of business and then I explained that in my business world going straight into selling mode without the other person requesting the information or without getting to know each other didn't work very well.

He came back with a thank you for the info and didn't even bother to answer my question. Haven't heard from him since.

JoeSpirit, Nov 28, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. davilama2682

davilama2682 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That could be a B2B model right there. Linkedin selling reputation services to companies looking to improve recruitment and sales reach.to registered members. New members are worried more about exposure/networking/referrals at onset. Reputation management ensures later - if you are concerned with image among competition.

davilama2682, Dec 1, 2019 at 7:16 PM IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That is a good idea for someone looking for a new business opportunity. That is not my situation, of course. I am with an established, B2B company with a solution that I would like to market. I continue to have concerns about linkedin, in this regard, despite its tremendous reach in the business world.

jrbiz, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:13 AM IP