1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LinkedIn for Authors: How to Promote Your E-book Here

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Best Seller, Feb 23, 2017.

LinkedIn is probably one of the last places online marketers would consider when it comes to promoting their e-books. Well, then this thread is for you because LinkedIn happens to be a fantastic place to highlight non-fiction books in particular.

You can think of LinkedIn as "Facebook for business professionals" in that it's a social media site, but you really should keep 99% of your content business-related. Save the personal posts for Facebook and Instagram.

Your LinkedIn profile acts as your online resume. There are various sections you can post in from work experience and education to volunteer experience and accomplishments. These are all great sections you can utilize to highlight your expertise in your field, particularly if that field complements the topic matter of your non-fiction book.

The most valuable section of a LinkedIn profile, where an author is concerned, is the publications section. This is where you can include links to where your e-book is currently being sold online (e.g. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Chapters/Indigo) and even include a positive book review in the description portion of that link. I make this part of my LinkedIn profile public so that anyone who visits my profile (whether they are a connection or not) can see my books, click on the links, and buy them right on the spot.

Another way to increase your e-book's readership is by joining various groups on LinkedIn that are related to your book's topic matter and then engaging in meaningful discussions with the members of those groups (much like you do on this forum). But I caution you: you may well be kicked out of any group that you're blatantly promoting your book to. You need to take a subtle, organic approach to book promotion in the groups. Get to know the other members and earn their trust by offering helpful tips and answers to their questions. Over time, these other members may connect with you or just visit your profile out of curiosity ... where they will see the link to your e-book.

LinkedIn is a social media site for professionals, so maintain your professionalism in your profile and all posts you make to connections and group members. Take it slow here. It will take a while to build your readership, but it will be worth it in the end.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Best Seller, Feb 23, 2017 IP