1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug linked premium or business PayPal account!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mytechiestuff, Jul 15, 2015.

Hey Shawn, I just tried to buy a small site and tried to pay for it via the sellers post.

Once again I got:
    The following error occurred:
    This sale requires potential buyers to have a linked premium or business PayPal account.

Is is not possible for you to either make the default option (on that box the seller has to check) as "normal payment" and then if the seller wants to, he/she can check the linked premium or business PayPal account option ?

As you know, this has caused repeated problems for the potential buyers.

Also, as you can see, it results in things like 75% ratings as a buyer in my profile when you know very well that is not true.

mytechiestuff, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That is an option entirely up to the seller. If you want them to remove that restriction from their sale, you would need to ask them. They can optionally impose certain restrictions on buyers, which apparently they did for that sale.

digitalpoint, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  4. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is true, but as we had discussed a similar situation the last time , the problem is that the box for this option is checked as default and so the sellers are basically placing this restriction without realising that they are doing it!

Why would you not leave that box unchecked and let the sellers who actually want to opt out for that restriction, go for it by checking the box?

Why do you have the box checked as default???

mytechiestuff, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Where exactly are you seeing it checked by default? It's not checked by default when I test and create a new sale. This is what it looks like for me without changing anything:

upload_2015-7-16_8-38-13.png

Also, what is the URL you got the error? It definitely should not let you even bid on it, so it should not have affected your buyer rating. If that's the case, it's a bug on our end that I'll need to look into.

digitalpoint, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  6. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "...It's not checked by default when I test and create a new sale. This is what it looks like for me without changing anything:"

Ah I see now that it is NOT by default and therefore the sellers are obviously ticking that box to place the restriction on potential buyers!!!

May be they are doing this because it says under that box that it is "...an extra measure of security..."

Perhaps the sellers are not aware of the fact that majority of Paypal users do not have (nor want to have") a linked paypal account and that by clicking that box they would be substantially reducing their chances of a sale.

"Also, what is the URL you got the error? It definitely should not let you even bid on it, so it should not have affected your buyer rating. If that's the case, it's a bug on our end that I'll need to look into."

Well it clearly did so in atleast two cases and then when I made the payment directly to the seller, a deduction in my profile appeared making it 75% as a buyer!

There can be no other explanation for the "75%" as I have always paid for all the stuff that I have been buying here for years.

Thank you for your time.

KC

mytechiestuff, Aug 10, 2015 IP