1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link-Vault... Underwater?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by TheHoff, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I think they are still submerged :confused:. Servers have been down since Friday.

Homer, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  2. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    There is some issue going on where some people can't access www.. try hitting forum.link-vault.com instead. However, www has been working for me without a problem.

TheHoff, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    3 days later they finally noticed the problem and it seems to be online again

fryman, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Talked too soon... was working a few minutes ago, now its dead again

Amazing how terrible that network is. The admin actually posted that he hadn't noticed anything wrong until today, while the members have been going crazy about it since Friday

And yet, they refuse to leave their lousy host

fryman, Oct 24, 2005 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. basicus

basicus Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't access neighter of them now.

basicus, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Whatever hardware/hosting setup they are currently using, they have outgrown it (which of course isn't necessarily a bad problem to be faced with).

Some general suggestions (hopefully they read this or someone can pass it on to them, and this of course applies to anyone doing anything on a large scale deployment)...
    • Monitor EVERYTHING every 5 minutes (CPU usage, disk I/O, memory usage [physical and virtual], network links, network bandwidth usage, disk space, disk [hopefully RAID] health, http requests per second, queries per second, slow queries, fan RPMs, internal circuitry voltages, internal server temperatures, etc.) and log it all to a database so you can chart it. If anything looks like it has any remote possibility of being screwy, text message someone's cell phone.

• Better to have too much hardware than too little. My (personal) rule of thumb is that if any resource (CPU, disk space, disk I/O, memory, etc.) peaks at more than 40% usage at any point during the day, it's time to bring in some more resources.

digitalpoint, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    digital point is a splendid one to behold! So those alt tags do me something. Great advice Shawn.

I hope they read this, coming from someone who's been there. I was going to post this on my old thread at dp but I thought this one would help get the point across. I feel this is a pivital time for them, the network fundimentally is great! But if things like this continue to happen people with bail. That's not good for any of us. Beside resources are pretty cheap these days.

Homer, Oct 24, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.