1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link structure and backlink confusion need help

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jay168888, Jan 2, 2018.

Hi everyone,

We have some SEO questions that we are confused about, can anyone please help us out? Thank you for the help.

We want to rank the main keyword "yoga mat" with an main anchor article. We've set "yoga mat" as the targeting keyword using Yoast SEO plugin for this article.

We plan to write a series of articles targeting a mix of exact same keywords "yoga mat", related keywords such as stretching routine, and also long-tail keywords such as yoga posture, yoga daily routine, yoga breathing techniques and etc...

Question 1:

Can we have multiple articles targeting the exact same main keyword "yoga mat" and point them all to the anchor article? We are asking because Yoast SEO plugin tells us "you have multiple articles targeting the same keywords"

And also, can we have multiple articles targeting the same related keywords and long-tail keywords, also pointing them all to the anchor article, giving the anchor article more SEO value.

Jay168888, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all explain please, what do you mean by anchor article?

mrb1129, Jan 3, 2018 IP
  3. Jay168888

Jay168888 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, I apologize, I meant cornerstone article, or the main article we want to rank with our main keyword "Yoga mat" Thanks for the reminder.

Jay168888, Jan 3, 2018 IP
  4. Naksh

Naksh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    do you mean 'anchor article' by your landing page or landing blog? There is no issue in targeting multiple articles to same keyword. You can refer my blog for reference. My example is keyword diamond rings for women and you can find them in multiple blogs here.

Naksh, Jan 4, 2018 IP
  5. Jay168888

Jay168888 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Could you please provide link to your blog? Thanks

Jay168888, Jan 4, 2018 IP
  6. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what I have understand that you are using multiple articles to get visitors to your landing page of your product 'Yoga Mats', right?

If yes than yeah its okay.

Now comes the question where from are those articles? Are they from different sites or from your site only?

mrb1129, Jan 4, 2018 IP
  7. Naziur Rahman

Naziur Rahman Member

Best Answers:
    my suggestion, build a main article on your chosen keyword and try to link your main article with the other articles. That would be best practice. And this is how I m getting results :)

Naziur Rahman, Jan 4, 2018 IP
  8. Naksh

Naksh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure, here it is Charu Jewels Blog, you need to go to https://charujewelsonline.com/blog/ as I dont have permission to post links

Naksh, Jan 5, 2018 IP
  9. Pallavi Godse

Pallavi Godse Peon

Best Answers:
    As per my research, if you have multiple articles targetting the same keywords, you might rank for two pages at different positions with that keyword.
    For example, "yoga mat" will show your main anchor article on first place and your other yoga related articles on the next positions.

Also please refer - https://yoast.com/ask-yoast-same-keywords-multiple-pages/

Pallavi Godse, Jan 8, 2018 IP