1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link popularity = Main Indicator in determining PR? I dont think so!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by screetdevil, Nov 7, 2011.

Google has updated the pagerank today, 8 Nov 2011 and we could just say it as a major one.
    I started to see there are so many domains on the marketplace that could not retain their google pagerank (including some of mine, tough)
    I started this thread because something has passed through my mind, recently I remember how some guys keep being so scornful to some seller of high PR domains that have a small amount of link popularity.
    These guys were also trying to hijack some auctions, as they said something like, "PR 5. BL is 0. Wait until the next major update and you will see it turned into PR 0."
    These words are not occasionally at all. Everyday I see this kind of folks trying to make a noisy on the marketplace about such things, again, and again.

Here, I just wanna say, cmon dude, "backlink" is not the main indicator of determining the pagerank of a domain!

You can take a look domains on the marketplace right now. Some of them have a big number of backlinks, but now the PR is 0 due to the major update today!
    And take a look again, you'll see some of domains that definitely have small number of BL, even the link popularity is 0, retain their pageranks! How come?

Backlinks or link pop is not the only indicator. I understand that it was, but I think the algorithm has changed. Google must have a new indicator for determining pagerank of domains. I think, the quality of domains means a lot. (and i dont know what indicator google exactly use to count this, exclude backlinks) And i dont think backlink is the only way for google to state the pagerank. Doubtful? Yes, but you will realize that there is no need to doubt that domain that have a bit backlinks could retain its pagerank on the next minor or even major (which is happened exactly today)!

screetdevil, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  2. Domain_Directory

Domain_Directory Active Member

Best Answers:
    a major update indeed

Domain_Directory, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  3. jalanbk

jalanbk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 to your thoughts, it is good if google has changed their pagerank Algorithm...

It was really rubbish that you get pagerank just by having backlinks and no quality of site, or site which does not add value for a user..

jalanbk, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  4. screetdevil

screetdevil Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the +1, dude.
    I am agree with you. This may be new pagerank algorithm, which is good :D

screetdevil, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  5. filoaman

filoaman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What i know until now and the results i get from my test is that PR has to do with backlinks buy quality links.
    What is important though for me is where did you get the information that today (Nov 8) there was a PR update?
    I try some of my sites and i get better PR's on some of them. Can you share with us where can we find informations about PR updates?

filoaman, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  6. screetdevil

screetdevil Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont bother, I mean the pagerank update 7/11/11 exactly. I missed the date due to the difference time and clock here.

screetdevil, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  7. Guy101

Guy101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do backlinks dissapear over time(as per google) even if they still exist?

Guy101, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  8. WizIMS

WizIMS Member

Best Answers:
    I have a PR 7 website with just like 1k backlinks

While I have other websites with 100k's of backlinks and PR 2 !

So NO, it doesn't matter bro

WizIMS, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  9. jaguarman

jaguarman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had a PR6 site of mine, with quite a few PR6 links and a PR7 link from the UN, dropped a PR5. Then I went out and bought 10 PR5s, that held their PR after the upgrade, and none of them had more than 2 links. I only bought them because I got a great deal and I can hit them with a bunch of high PR links ASAP

jaguarman, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  10. screetdevil

screetdevil Peon

Best Answers:
    kind of, I think. Please cmiiw
    That's it! Quality of backlinks does count, but in several times you cant see any backlink and why the domain got a PR? I think google has a new pagerank algorithm.
    The lucky of you, then. Best wishes

screetdevil, Nov 8, 2011 IP