1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Finders- Utter Wast of Time IMO :(

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Aitch, Apr 10, 2009.

Hi forum.
    SEMrush
    Either I'm the most unlucky link finder on the World Wide Web, or these link-finding software products are a complete and utter waste of time. Here's why I think that:

Finding blogs with the No Follow disabled (meaning Do Follow) is not the problem. The problem is actually getting a frigging comment to post. I've just spent the best part of 4 hours only to get 5 link backs, and even then I'm not sure if some of them will get approved yet. Here are the most common problems I've encountered:

1. I take the time out to write a unique comment relating to the post. After pressing the submit button, I get a message: you must be logged on top post a comment

2. I wait for a blog page to load only to see a message at the end of the post which says: Comments are closed

3. I open a page with PR, but to get to comments I have to click on a comment link which then opens another page with PR0 or PR Unranked (grey bar), and not the page with PR which was found by the SW product. This means the page the comments appear on is not the one with PR as listed by the SW.

4. My Post appears to submit just fine, but after the page reloads i get a message: Your comment is awaiting moderation. Whether it will get accepted or not, will require periodic checking back (more time spent on the single link)

5. Comment appears to submit fine (no errors or messages after clicking the submit button), but the new comment doesn't appear on the page. There's no way to know whether it has gone through or not, or is awaiting approval . This type of mystery submit is pretty common I found!

6. Blank white page after submit. I found this to be quite common. I write a unique comment relating to the post, press submit, but then just see a white blank page with /wp-comments-post.php at the end of the URL

There seems to be a mish-mash of the above with almost every link fiding mission irrespective of keyword/phrase submitted for various products.

Is it just me or do some of you guys manage to quickly build some quality link backs from these Link Finders?

The ones I've tried so far are:

Comment Kahuna: This finds some good blogs, but for the reasons mentioned above I could be messing around for hours just to get a handful of comments which actually go through. Certainly nothing like the video tutorial where he bangs out links in nano seconds, blog after blog!

Real Link Finder: Sadly lacking any real results for the keywords I've fed it thus far.

G-Lock Blog Finder: Doesn't find enough 'Do Follow' blogs with PR in the Free trial

So to conclude, I'll just ask again whether anyone here has used any of the above (or others) with relative ease and speed?

Thanks in advance

aNdii

Aitch, Apr 10, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. SugarUK

SugarUK Banned

Best Answers:
    try article aubmission or directory submission or link exchanges with related sites.
    its alot better then chaseing worthless blog comments trust me, get incontent links and related site links its best.

good luck

SugarUK, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  3. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just post it and move on. Take the time to make another link somewhere else instead of wondering if that one has it. And most pages have some PR, even if they show PR0, they're all worth commenting on if you do it often enough :)

Random Guy, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  4. welivethis

welivethis Peon

Best Answers:
    co-sign what random guy says... there's no sense in going back to see if comments are posted... just do what you gotta do and keep it moving!

welivethis, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  5. Aitch

Aitch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the responses guys. I've been playing around a bit since posting this only to get more of the same. I've come to the conclusion that the videos they make for these SW products are well reshearsed in order to promote the products, and the actual reality is that they are so slow to use that it's painful.

Yet another over hyped link buiding strategy :(

Cheers

aNdii

Aitch, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  6. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You may want to read this post about the Akismet spam filter since the blank page you speak of is typical of URLs that are blocked from commenting. Since many blogs use the Akismet spam filter, it may prevent you from commenting at a large percentage of blogs.

Despite writing good/relevant comments, you also need to consider the following:

1. Is the post old? If so, chances are the blog owner will think you are commenting for the sole purpose of a link. Comment on new posts and you will find fewer blog owners report your comments as spam.

2. Are you using a real name or keyword name when posting? Some blog owners will report you for comment spam if you use a keyword in the name field instead of your real name. The exception are blogs that use the keyword luv plugin.

3. If you see older blog posts with no comments, there usually is a reason. I would avoid commenting on these.

4. Don't add URLs to the comment unless it is highly relevant and likely to be accepted.

Commenting on blogs is not over-hyped. It's just possible that you started commenting without knowing the ins and outs. No big deal - many have done this as well.

Good luck :)

snowbird, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  7. Lakshmi SEO

Lakshmi SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article submission is a best way. But article should be rich in keywords

Lakshmi SEO, Apr 11, 2009 IP