1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Farming 101

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by clubmedia, Nov 5, 2004.

1. PokerDIY

PokerDIY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok... I'll leave it for now...

PokerDIY, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  2. S.Phoenix

S.Phoenix Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a very difficult issue. If google see that your site is in lower pr link farm, i think they will not penalize you. Otherwise you will be on trouble: Link farm is: PROHIBITED :(

I think google will have to change the PR Algorihtm , sooner or earlier.

S.Phoenix, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  3. rajmahall

rajmahall Peon

Best Answers:
    I am newbie as registered poster, but not as reader of this site.

I was searching for info on linkdash as I had noticed that my linkdash pages were no longer seeming to work. I found links to some other linkdash pages on other sites that are no longer working properly, and found at linkdash they seem to have some issues as well. Perhaps the large number of users has finally reached the threshold where their server is coming to its knees.

Experience:
    I found that participating in linkdash and indexguy did lead to a large increase in traffic to my site. To my dismay, the new hits are mainly going to my linkdash and indexguy pages, and it is not really helping me to promote my humble web design business. I put Google ads on those pages, and I found a small bit of success with it, though nothing near an "adsense" empire. At the same time, my Google pagerank dropped by one full point!

When researching assorted business classifications (usually when starting a project for a customer in that business class), I do come across a lot of apparent made for "adsense" sites. There has been a lot of discussion about getting this sort of spam out of the indexes, though I still don't see that it is happening. I still even find a lot of totally irrelevant pages that show up high due to keyword stuffed paragraphs on the page. If I thought that trick still worked, had any value at all, or would not lead to a site being banned, I would be using it!

Anyway, I look forward to contributing to the discussion here in the future, and sharing any good, honest methods of effective website marketing.

rajmahall, Nov 2, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.