1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link exchange with Joomla?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by cdx, Mar 26, 2006.

Hey all...

I need to make a lot of link exchange with other sites. I need to find a Link Exchange Component for Joomla. What do you use for that link exchange?

Nothing came up to be apropriate so far for a link exchange... wondering what you are using ...

Have a great day!

Guy

cdx, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  2. digital1

digital1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    digital1, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  3. Intlws

Intlws Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been working on this too. It is very important as the standard Joomla link exchange is not good.
    I found a direct link to the updated version listed in the message above.
    LinkExchange - updated v3.0.1
    + Added categories
    + Optionally hide rating and hit count.
    + Optionally show direct links
    + Changed admin interface to look like Joomla admin
    + Changed installing process, redused component file

Download link
    //devel.shtrix.ru/joomla/com_linkexchange_3.0.1.zip

Also I am woking on a mod to incorporate the site-sift listings directory into Joomla if possible. If that works out I will post it.

Intlws, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  4. Intlws

Intlws Peon

Best Answers:
    Forgot to mention that the web site for the developer listed above is in Russian with no English translation on the site. I did download the new version 3.0.1 and am going to give it a try on a test site first. looks like it does recip links and google page rank.
    If you want to see how it works out before you try it, PM me in a couple of days and I will give you a link to check it out.

Intlws, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  5. Intlws

Intlws Peon

Best Answers:
    I just tried version 2.1.1 and 3.0.1 and they have many errors. 2.1.1 almost worked but has errors when adding a link from the client side of the web site. In the admin section you can add links.
    Version 3.0.1 did not work at all on client side. Possible to check all the code on version 2.1.1 and modify it to work and could be ok as a links system that is incorporated into Joomla. But it will require lots of work. Hope someone will find something better and post it.

Intlws, Mar 28, 2006 IP