1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Directory, need feedback

Discussion in 'Websites' started by darker, Nov 24, 2004.

Hi, I've created a link exchange directory (which I feel is better than at least alot of the ones I've found). I'm adding new features as I go along, but need more feedback from users, haven't really promoted it yet so that's where you guys come in :) Would really appreciate it you could take a look and tell me what it needs to become better.

Link webmaster-resource.org

darker, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  2. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Link back is such a turn off. ;) But I see the point. I may add later.

TwisterMc, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  3. darker

darker Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I do kinda agree, still.. I think the main problem with the link directories are the huge amounts of worthless sites. I'm going to do some quality checking, but hey, at least you can see the site pagerank, should count for something :D

darker, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  4. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted mine :)

mattmdesign, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  5. darker

darker Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw :) gimme feedback damnit :D

darker, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  6. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks ok, needs a logo though.

darksat, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  7. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Price of Comments= Free listing of both my sites (as i cannot link back) :D

looks like the usual, yes you need a logo...or at least some kind of banner.
    also a welcome and some info would be nice....ie: welcome, add you website to our directory for free...link back required...(you know what i mean)
    not sure about putting DRUGS as a category?...might change that to medicine...also that category is spelt wrong...recreation...theres an 'i'....and
    are you trying to promote recreational drugs?
    all your mouse over screen tips are for 'music' on EVERY category..you might want to change that.
    your partners online flash templates is not linked..and i assumeyou are still working on the sign up & faq pages etc.
    good luck with it...promoting it is going to take some effort. you really might want to make it look like NO OTHER directory to make it something new and different..but thats just my 2cents
    GEM

Solicitors Mortgages, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  8. darker

darker Peon

Best Answers:
    finally :) I know about the logo thingy, takes some time to create one when you suck at gfx :) changed recreaton into recreation. I had a reason for drugs, but can't remember so I''ve removed it and changed the directory abit :) I'll create a "new index page" with more info about the directory, going to add a link exchange "button" (have to be logged in to use it) where you can just click it and a link exchange will be sent.

actually not able to add non reciprocal links as the script will crawl my db every so often and check if they're there...

darker, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  9. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Adsense my give you a warning. GoogleAd in link directory is a viotation of TOS.

tomecki, Nov 28, 2004 IP